What If Len Bias Lived? A Basketball Story Told Through NBA 2k19

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

What If Len Bias Lived? A Basketball Story Told Through NBA 2k19

Postby Stildo33 on Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:15 am

Hey Everyone!

What if Len Bias lived? This is perhaps one of the biggest what if scenarios in basketball history. This project is going to tell the story that was never told had he lived. Would the Celtics have won 1987? Would the Pistons have won in 89 & 90 (or ever)? Would Jordan have retired in 1994?

This is game 1 highlights of the 1987 Season with me playing as the Boston Celtics featuring the rookie debut of Len Bias. I will post 10-12 highlights from each season I play through along with the playoffs. Will Len live up to the hype? Would he have prolonged the playing careers of the original "Big Three"? Let's fine out!

I am using my 2k19 Seasons Roster Mod to play through the years. I will be playing all 82 games each season. I am happy to play against others using Parsec as well, just let me know.

• I will assume most NBA draft picks and transactions took place, as they did, through the 1993 season (yes, including the Michael Smith bust in 1989). It will take some more educating guess work from there.
• I will assume most other significant injuries took place for the Celtics (Bird missing most the 1989 season for example) and potentially others as well.
• Would Dino Radja have ever left after 3 seasons if they had both Len and Reggie?
• Would Dominque Wilkins have fulfilled his 3-year contract in the 90s? Would he have ever even signed with the Celtics?

I've asked others that played against Len Bias in college who they thought he compared to the most. The common conclusion is he was a hybrid of James Worthy/Dominque Wilkins with a dash of Barkley and a sprinkle of Jordan. An undersized athletic power forward, with speed and quickness. A small forward that could drive/dunk/and hit jumpers. A strong physical hybrid-forward with ability to rebound, block shots, defend multiple positions with wonderful post play. Ability to play SG with a great mid-range game and ability to drive to the basket.

Here are the game 1 highlights from the 1987 Season MOD, that will be released very soon! The 1988-1995 rosters can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=106204

phpBB [video]
Stildo33

Re: What If Len Bias Lived? A Basketball Story Told Through NBA 2k19

Postby Stildo33 on Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:14 pm

Hey everyone!

Quick update on how this is progressing. I'm about 25 games in now. Here are some highlights from a recent game along with some fun audio!!

phpBB [video]
Stildo33

Postby jimnba on Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:37 pm

Good topic. Len Bias was one of the greatest basketball players who died at a very young age. It's good to see that you remember him.

I'm another fan of Len Bias.
jimnba

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:40 am

Definitely one of the biggest "What Ifs" in NBA history! Great idea for a playthrough and video series.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood