Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Postby wdt92 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:10 am

Settings

Game: NBA 2K17
Console: PC
Roster: Updated 2K17 Roster
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: Best of 7
Sliders: Hov's 2K17 Sliders
Goal: Finish the career of LeBron James

So this is my second attempt at a story here on the forums. My last (Mike Budenholzer's career story) actually never really even took off the ground before I lost interest due to the game giving me stat errors. Seeing a new resurgence on the boards made me decide to jump in!

I am doing a similar goal as I had last time, which I have accomplished on 2K14 (not on the forums), which is finish the career of LeBron James. The way this story will work, I am going to play all 82 games on 2K playing only as LeBron James. It's going to be daunting and long, but I doubt I'll post all of them just to keep my sanity and not get burnt out. The aim of every game I post will be to bring a real-life flavor plus a box score update as I can. The story will be over when I complete the career of LeBron James and he retires in game.

Due to this being close enough to real-life, I'm also going to add in some stipulation set of rules so you guys are clear on how I'm running the MyLeague:

1. Update trades to real life if players are still on the original team by the time the game has caught up to the real-life trade.
2. Update the free agent moves and coach moves if big name moves happen in real life that changes the league (LeBron to LA)
3. Sign any player w/o a championship to a 1-year discount if going on 3-peat (DeMarcus to Warriors on 5 mil/1 yr)
4. Can refuse to trade away any player if the team just won a championship in the game (Kyrie to Celtics)
5. Can refuse any big name leaving in FA if the team just won a championship

Finally, I may throw out some polls if people become interested in this story. Like for example, who to sign or if I should trade or cut someone from the team. Hope to bring something enjoyable this time!
Last edited by wdt92 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
wdt92

Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [The Prelude]

Postby wdt92 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:00 am

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14: The Prelude

The King Delivered Gold to the Land

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010.
- LeBron James, Sports Illustrated - July 11, 2014

Finally! After that notorious declaration from LeBron James on July 11, 2014; the Cavaliers achieved the impossible. They finally refurbished a 52-year long drought with one hard-earned championship. The entire season last year was one of unparalleled proportions. A record holding 73-win Golden State team made it through the Playoffs and actually fell to a Cleveland team most fans wrote off. Cleveland accomplished the impossible. The King delivered on his promise and gave the cherished gold back to "The Land."

What We Lost

Following such a momentus high, it's only expected to experience a few lows. Following the championship win, the Cavaliers were involved in a sign-and-trade with the Milwaukee Bucks for pivotal back-up guard Matthew Dellavedova. The other key member to leave the team was starting center Timofey Mozgov who signed a 4-year, $64 Million deal with the Los Angeles Lakers on July 7, 2016. Mo Williams leaving in trade finished off the list of the Cavaliers' former championship roster departures.

What We Gained

phpBB [video]

The Cleveland Cavaliers filled a need at guard by acquiring Kyle Korver from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for Mike Dunleavy, Mo Williams and a protected future first-round draft pick, the teams announced Saturday.
- ESPN

With two key members of the roster departing, the Cavs were quick to find replacements this offseason. First, the Cavaliers acquired former All-Star wing, Kyle Korver from the Atlanta Hawks in a trade obviously writing off the Hawks' hopes this year of winning too many games this season. Another piece in that trade was prospect 7'3" Center, Walter "Edy" Tavares. The next move was acquiring another former All-Star, this time in signing free agent guard: Deron Williams. The final moves were resignings or signings to even out the roster.

Around the League

The entire NBA remains with eyes on the former 73-win team that signed superstar, Kevin Durant to join a Beatles-esque star-studded cast in Golden State. The entire league is in awe and are currently in a state of "the rich get richer" looking at last year's championship match-up.
wdt92

Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [Pre-Season]

Postby wdt92 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:40 am

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14: Pre-Season

In a move typical of the NBA Summer League and Pre-Season, many of the Cavaliers' roster rested and played limited minutes. Former Atlanta Hawks Head Coach, and current Cavaliers Assistant Coach, Larry Drew led the randomly gathered Cavaliers roster in Summer League to a 4-3 record, with rookie Kay Felder impressing with a 15.3 point, 3.9 assists showing. Tavares also impressive in his role displaying 7.8 rebounds and 2.7 blocks per game.

Following the Summer League, the Pre-Season began, and the roster seemed to be sluggish from such a short offseason. Not to mention, many key members of the roster still haven't been signed to contracts by the point the Pre-Season began. Before the first game, J.R. Smith & Tristan Thompson were both signed to relatively large contracts considering the two players' market value. The team walked casually to a 2-4 record through the entire run, and also had key changes through the pre-season. First was adding in former Golden State Warrior Center, Andrew Bogut to a full-time roster spot late in the Pre-Season after Bogut was traded and waved by the Mavs. Bogut has yet to play for the Cavaliers yet, but already has interest among the media.

phpBB [video]

The final piece to the roster was added in a quiet move considering the former star power this player has had. The final player signed during the Pre-Season was Forward/Center, Josh Smith. J-Smoove came to "The Land" on a minimum contract after considering playing a season overseas.
wdt92

Re: Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14

Postby Andrew on Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:53 am

Great to see more people being inspired by the recent activity. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [2016-17 Roster]

Postby wdt92 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:17 am

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14: 2016-17 Roster

STAFF
    Head Coach: Tyronn Lue

Assistant Coach: Larry Drew

---

STARTING LINEUP
    Point Guard: Kyrie Irving
    1x NBA Champion, 3x NBA All-Star, 1x All-NBA 3rd Team, Rookie of the Year, All-Rookie 1st Team

Shooting Guard: J.R. Smith
    1x NBA Champion, 1x Sixth Man of the Year

Small Forward: LeBron James
    4x NBA MVP, 3x NBA Champion, 3x Finals MVP, 12x NBA All-Star, 10x All-NBA 1st Team, 2x All-NBA 2nd Team, 5x All-Defense 1st Team, 1x All Defense 2nd Team, Rookie of the Year, All-Rookie 1st Team

Power Forward: Kevin Love
    1x NBA Champion, 3x NBA All-Star, 2x All-NBA 2nd Team, 1x Most Improved Player, All-Rookie 2nd Team

Center: Andrew Bogut
    1x NBA Champion, 1x All-NBA 3rd Team, 1x All-Defense 2nd Team, All-Rookie 1st Team

---

Bench
    Tristan Thompson
    1x NBA Champion, All-Rookie 2nd Team

Deron Williams
    3x NBA All-Star, 2x All-NBA 2nd Team, All-Rookie 1st Team

Kyle Korver
    1x NBA All-Star

Channing Frye
    1x NBA Champion, All-Rookie 1st Team

Richard Jefferson
    1x NBA Champion, All-Rooke 2nd Team

Iman Shumpert
    1x NBA Champion, All-Rookie 1st Team

Kay Felder

Josh Smith
    1x All-Defense 2nd Team, All-Rookie 2nd Team

Edy Tavares

James Jones
    3x NBA Champion
wdt92

Postby wdt92 on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:19 am

Andrew wrote:Great to see more people being inspired by the recent activity. (Y)

Thanks, I'm happy to see it lively again!
wdt92

Postby Breems on Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:57 am

Awesome, welcome aboard! That makes 9-10 active story threads. Look forward to reading it.
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:02 am

Breems wrote:Awesome, welcome aboard! That makes 9-10 active story threads. Look forward to reading it.

Thanks! Hopefully, it's entertaining to read! :D

Opening night is coming up, I just have to finish editing the tendencies for the Cavs roster. Unfortunately, for anyone playing 2K17 (Hov's sliders topic especially points this out) the game's default is strange. They have Kyrie running up and down screens, Frye is also running screens, and they have Kyrie & LeBron have a touches tendency of 100 together despite their USG% indicating a small separation between them which should have Kyrie handle things a little more than LeBron and neither come close to Westbrook. Anyway, after I'm done with the rosters I'll play game 1 and put up the opening night info.

Just curious, for people who post in-game pictures, how do you guys clip out the pics? I wanted to put up some highlight pic from the game in the post, but I'm not entirely sure if Windows' snipping tool will work. Thanks, guys!
wdt92

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:24 am

The snipping tool or even Paint should get the job done, but failing that, free Photoshop alternatives like GIMP and paint.net are software that I'd recommend.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [Opening Night]

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:25 am

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14: Opening Night
phpBB [video]

---

"It's opening night in the NBA..."
    Ernie Johnson, opening TNT Tipoff
Ring Night

In a show of respect for Cleveland Indian fans, the NBA's ring ceremony was moved up so fans in Cleveland could enjoy the Indian's World Series game!
---

10/25/2016

Cleveland Cavaliers [0-0] vs. New York Knicks [0-0]

The game opening off with a thunderous dunk by LeBron James.

Player of the Game: Kyrie Irving

Kyrie Irving has the Keys
By: Colin Cowherd, Fox Sports

After last nights monster showing by the two-headed beast in Cleveland named LeBron James and Kyrie Irving who finished with 29 points and 35 points respectively, only one conclusion came to mind. This is Kyrie Irving's time to "drive the car," although it is only a rental. It is still LeBron's car.

What I mean by that is, LeBron James is still going to get his numbers, but it is obvious to me he is letting Kyrie drive the regular season. Many of you older fans may remember and relate this conclusion to what Shaquille O'Neal did with Kobe Bryant in 2004. Shaq, for all purposes, rested the regular season. LeBron almost got a triple-double last night, but Kyrie finished with more shot attempts, and overall more touches. Kyrie, after last season's amazing final act, earned himself the keys.

Now I know, some of you are saying: "Colin, it's only opening night!" That's true. However, let's look at some facts. LeBron is right now, today, 31 years old. Kyrie is 24. Who would you want driving the grind of the regular season? Now it's just food for thought, but I believe in my heart, this season will be Kyrie's turn to drive the car. He has the keys. Playoff time and you better believe LeBron is going to take back over. But that's only "the Herd" according to Cowherd.

---

Inside the NBA
phpBB [video]
wdt92

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:22 am

Neat idea. (Y)

wdt92 wrote:Just curious, for people who post in-game pictures, how do you guys clip out the pics? I wanted to put up some highlight pic from the game in the post, but I'm not entirely sure if Windows' snipping tool will work. Thanks, guys!

It appears you figured it out, but do you have Windows 10? Photos just automatically open in the 'Photos' app for me, and there's a really nifty crop feature in there.
[Hyperize]

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:53 am

cavs4872 wrote:Neat idea. (Y)

wdt92 wrote:Just curious, for people who post in-game pictures, how do you guys clip out the pics? I wanted to put up some highlight pic from the game in the post, but I'm not entirely sure if Windows' snipping tool will work. Thanks, guys!

It appears you figured it out, but do you have Windows 10? Photos just automatically open in the 'Photos' app for me, and there's a really nifty crop feature in there.

First, thanks! I hope it works out. I'm trying to make it "modernized" granted that it shouldn't be too difficult due to only being a few years ago.

Second, I do have Windows 10. For those pics, I print screened it, copy it to paint, and then edited it on an online editor to crop before uploading it. Is there an easier way to do it?
wdt92

Postby [Hyperize] on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:47 am

Yes; just open it with the 'Photos' app (should be default), and crop away.
[Hyperize]

Around the League

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:05 am

Around the League: First Take
10/27/2016

Molly: "What about last night gentlemen? The Lake-Show! They showed up! Last night historically having one of their best opening nights since '91. Finishing strong with a 101 to 97 victory over the Houston Rockets. Max, are you buying these new-look Lakers post-Kobe?"

Max: "I am! Let me just say you want to compare the Lakers' record to the last three seasons of Kobe's career to this season? I guarantee you they will win more games now! The Lakers did something smart. What they did, was have an aging superstar who needed the ball. So what they did was hire Byron Scott to basically babysit Kobe. They let Kobe do whatever he wanted. The upside to that is they got to draft. Despite having top-3 protections, they got Brandon Ingram, D'Angelo Russell to go with Julius Randle. They stole Jordan Clarkson in the second round. They took D'Angelo Russell despite everyone, including you Stephen A., said to take Okafor. This guy's passing even as a rookie was better than veteran point guards even last night having an unbelievable 10 assists! They took an excellent point guard for the modern NBA and surrounded him with elite young talent. So they won on all fronts! They provided fans what they wanted, gave Kobe what he wanted, let him retire how he wanted, and now get to have pieces to move forward with a strong foot. The future is bright for the Lakers!"

Stephen A.: "Well first of all, I think you're giving the Lakers too much credit. A lot of that was by accident and I don't even have time to go over the accident the Lakers have been in recent memory. I will make a declaration, however, out of respect to the late Dr. Buss. I have turned over a new leaf. I will no longer vilify Jim Buss on this show. Despite his many mistakes. I have never said Jim Buss doesn't know what he's doing, but I have said he lets his emotions get the best of his judgment. Nonetheless, I will be nice to Jim Buss for now on. Having said that, let me say this. When we look at the LA Lakers, I am not going to get excited because it was the Houston Rockets. D'Antoni once again! Now Mike D'Antoni is one of the nicest men I've met in sports, but his first game as Head Coach for the Houston Rockets, you gave up 22 points to a 19-year-old ! You let Swaggy P, who I like by the way, score 17 points on 60 percent field goal shooting?! All of this plus another disappearing act by James Harden? Houston, this is just unbelievable and disrespectful to your fans. I don't believe this says much about the Lakers, I believe last night said a HELL-OF-A-LOT about the Rockets, however! Max, don't even get me started on the League licking their chops with D'Antoni's lack of defense historically-"

Max: "But the pace!"

Stephen A.: "Yes, D'Antoni plays at a faster pace. However, and D'Antoni is a smart, kind man, but he-"

Max: "Mike D'Antoni. Mike Antoni. No D."

Stephen A.: "I'm telling you, I just can't take these Lakers seriously. They're young, and I see your point with their future being bright, but it was against Houston. That's all I'm saying. That's where I'm at with this."
Last edited by wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
wdt92

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:10 am

cavs4872 wrote:Yes; just open it with the 'Photos' app (should be default), and crop away.

Woah, I'm definitely going to have to check it out more. Looks like it will help a lot with cropping and fixing up images! Thanks for letting me know!

I also just realized my picture got cut at the end, that's a bummer, I was so happy with how I cut it. Lol. Oh well, I'll get it right on the next edit.
wdt92

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:15 am

GIMP and paint.net are great image editing programs that are freely available, but if the Windows 10 app gets the job done, that's obviously fine too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

leveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [Game 2 ;; 2016-17 Season]

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:11 pm

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14: Game 2, 2016-17 Season

10/28/2016

Cleveland Cavaliers [1-0] vs. Toronto Raptors [1-0]

---

LeBron James Post Game Interview
10/28/2016

Reporter: "A tough loss tonight, LeBron, do you feel tonight was just another game or would you say that there's a bigger picture facing a team that's clearly top in the Eastern Conference?"

LBJ: "Oh, well, I would say it's just another game for us in the sense that we will have to get better. We got to continue working on our habits, we've only had one game prior to tonight, and it was a good test in this environment to see where we are as a collective unit. It's hard to say where we are, we are only two games into the season, but we got to improve and continue to work on our habits. It's a process, and tonight was just another step in improving for us."

Reporter: "LeBron, tonight you guys had 19 turnovers, which led to easy points for the Raptors and limited your team's offense. Do you feel tonight was a game given away?"

LBJ: "Well tonight was a game of where we are still fighting complacency. We had a lax attitude all night, and I had two turnovers myself, one leading to a quick basket for DeMarr. That complacency wasn't even just about tonight's game either, like I said, we are only two games into a very long season. It's also a battle in our practices, our film sessions, getting our new guys introduced to the system. Bogut and Smoove played more minutes tonight than last, and we saw a few lapses of just unfamiliarity to our offense. Then with us who was here last year, we have seen a few glimpses of being too content with our championship and things of that nature. However, with that said, I don't think that this team will succumb to any of that. We got a hard-working group. Tonight was just an off night for us, and we will be better."

Reporter: "After the big win tonight for the Raptors, do you think that they have the edge on you guys moving forward into the season? Or do you feel that holding the East for so many straight years, you guys still have the mental edge against this team?"

LBJ: "I don't know. I mean, I can only speak for us. Our advantage is familiarity, we know what to expect from them when they are pushed to the wall. We are improving, have the same system as last year with guys learning it quickly who weren't here, and are building newer roles. Kyrie, for example, is taking more of an aggressive role this year, and is learning how to pick his spots in that position. So I think it helps us pick up and gain traction through the season to get back where we were last year. Which obviously will help us improve to the point where we can accomplish what we need to accomplish. This Raptors team is a very good team, but like I said, an early game like this isn't really telling of where we are or they are. We'll both improve."
wdt92

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:36 pm

LeBron's getting his numbers, but not a lot of help from the bench there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby wdt92 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:49 pm

Andrew wrote:LeBron's getting his numbers, but not a lot of help from the bench there.

Yeah, he is being typical modern day LeBron. In the game, I found it great that J-Smoove got his 3-pointer out there despite only playing few minutes (and garbage time), he came in unexpectedly in the 2nd and didn't take even a minute to get that shot up. :lol:

But with so few shots I can't be upset with this bench not producing much offensively. The team is really built around LeBron's and Kyrie's offensive prowess and the rest who are offensive weapons are more or less 3-point options. So, with their shots just not falling, I think Kyrie hurt us the most with his 7 TOs. With me not playing him and player locked on LeBron, he kept driving into traffic in his Iso and having it stripped off the ball by DeRozan and Ibaka. Also, Valenciunas ate our Centers alive in the paint. He had 5 OReb, and 16 total, which just killed us not being able to utilize Thompson's only real strength and one of Bogut's two strengths.
wdt92

Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [2016-17 Game 3]

Postby wdt92 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:47 am

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14: Game 3

10/29/2016

Cleveland Cavaliers [1-1] vs. Orlando Magic [0-2]

Cavaliers Win 117-97
10/29/2016 by Jeffrey Marks, NBA.com

CLEVELAND The situation was really a need for a bounce-back game from Cleveland after the debacle against the Eastern Conference rival, Toronto Raptors. The game was also one that displayed an ease for the Cleveland Cavaliers. They played a very strategic game and finished in a BLOWOUT 117-97 victory.

The Cavs really maintained their established gameplan of playing through point guard, KYRIE IRVING. Receiving without a doubt player of the game honors finishing with 37 points (15-22 FG, 5-8 3PT), 5 assists, and 4 steals. Still maintaining trouble with turnovers (4), it is clear from tonight that this new found plan this season of utilizing Kyrie as the #1 option has had great benefits. He has shown a great sense of leadership after being under the tutelage of LeBron James for the past few seasons and has displayed a skill set that can be argued to be top at his position.

"Coach Lue really called me and J.R.'s number early tonight," Kyrie said, "I think we delivered for the first half. Going into the second, I already established such a good rhythm, my teammates really kept feeding me the ball and we went on a great run to combat their comeback hopes." J.R., as Kyrie mentioned, started the game hot with 2 3s from the jump, before cooling off for a 14 point, 3-7 from 3 finish.

Before the game, LEBRON JAMES commented very little on the upcoming contest but mostly focused on the announcement of Greg Oden's retirement on Outside the Lines. "He was a good teammate in Miami, despite his personal issues really coming out. It is really unfortunate that injuries kept him from making the impact I know he wanted, but all we can do is wish him the best going forward into his life after basketball." LeBron finished tonight with 21 points (8-15 FG, 1-2 from 3), 8 rebounds, 7 assists, 2 steals, & 1 block. An efficient night for the King.

After the game, the announcement that the Cavaliers will be shortening their rotations came out to the press. From rumors, COACH TYRONN LUE will be going into a strict 2 big man rotation, with newcomer big man ANDREW BOGUT getting the sitting time for now. This isn't too much of a surprise as Orlando Magic center, NIKOLA VUCEVIC, finished with 11 rebounds and an extremely efficient night from the floor. Looking at advanced numbers, Bogut defensively has also slowed the Cavaliers down, despite expectations for him.

The other member of the roster, JOSH SMITH, has performed fine given his role, however, Lue felt that LeBron needed more time at Power Forward going forward. This was also to prepare the Cavaliers for multiple lineups given any injuries. Finally, the rumor mill is that the other switch to occur will be IMAN SHUMPERT coming in for small minutes over the veteran, RICHARD JEFFERSON. This could be a multitude of things, but seems to be from Shumpert's hard work in practice and impressing Coach Lue to give him valuable playing time.
wdt92

Cleveland Cavaliers: The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [Game 4]

Postby wdt92 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:59 am

The LeBron James Story - Chapter 14 [Game 4]

11/1/2016

Letter to My Younger Self
by Ray Allen, Player's Tribune

"I write this to you today as a 41-year-old man who is retiring from the game. I write to you as a man who is completely at peace with himself.

The hell you experience when you get off that bus will be temporary. Basketball will take you far away from that school yard. You will become far more than just a basketball player. You’ll get to act in movies. You’ll travel the world. You will become a husband, and the father of five amazing children.

Now, the most important question in your life isn’t, “Who am I supposed to be?” or even, “What do I have to do to win another championship?”

It’s, “Daddy, guess what happened in math class today?”

That’s the reward that awaits you at the end of your journey.

Go to the court. Stay at the court.

Get your work in, young fella. "

---

Cleveland Cavaliers [2-1] vs. Houston Rockets [2-1]

---

Reporters: "LeBron, what can you say about your excellent turn around 4th quarter? You finished that quarter shooting 2-3, but mainly finding your rythym passing the ball."

LBJ: "Very efficient. I mean, offensively we were very sharp in that 4th quarter, and we needed it. That is a very high powered offense we played in those Rockets. So great execution by my guys, great ball movement at times, and guys just knocked down their shots."

Reporters: "It really seemed defensively that the game changed with a few key stops which led to such a huge blowout quickly."

LBJ: "Yeah, Kev really turned it around for us. He got his hands in there on a couple loose balls, those pocket passes, and allowed us to get into transition which gave us easy shots. So Kev definitely deserves the credit for the run."

Reporters: "So do you think Kevin Love is really turning around for you guys this year following his up and down starts the last few games?"

LBJ: "Well don't get it twisted, Kev has been Kev. He's done his job inside, and I don't think points really shown his impact for us. But yeah, I think he's more comfortable. We're all more comfortable, but he's really getting used to the schemes and is getting good at being at the right place at the right time. Tonight, for 3 quarters I struggled with turnovers, and Kev was at the other end more than once stopping the play with a key steal or on help D."

Reporters: "Following the loss in Toronto, the lineup change occurred tonight, what do you think the results were of the change?"

LBJ: "Well, we're more comfortable, like I said. I think we're all more comfortable. I think we tried to rush 'Drew and Smoove in and they weren't yet ready. I think we're staying true to the process and allowing things to occur naturally and are more patient. We're also just playing the game. I think we're not satisfied as a group with just 1 ring, and want to really push for the next."

Reporters: "LeBron, you've said many times shooters have a green light on this team, but you really seemed to look to get J.R. and Kyle going tonight. Is that important to get them into the flow?"

LBJ: "Absolutely. Both of those guys are huge pieces to our team. We know down the stretch we're going to definitely need them, and it's my job to get them involved, get them really going. I know Kyle's been kicking the bad for the last few games for shots he missed in the 4th quarter, but that's ok. We know what he's capable of doing, so it feels great to see a couple of them to go down for him. For both of them. But those two guys, Channing, D-Wil, Shump, RJ - they all have the green light to shoot. The ultra-green light. Guys are never close enough to those guys so they just get their feet set and let it go."

Reporters: "LeBron, the way Kyrie has played so far this early on in the season - the way he's improved, can you talk about that"

LBJ: "He's special. There's not many words that can describe him. He's growing every day, and he's in such a groove coming off this championship summer, he's in a zone. He knows who he is and what he's really about, so like I've said many times, the sky is the limit for him. He's already having MVP like numbers, and he's only 23 years old. He's nowhere near where he's gonna be."

---

Reporters: "Kyrie, you kind of expect a shootout against a team like this-"

Kyrie: "They just space you out really well. I know they have a lot of shooters and space you out on the floor 1-5. I know the score wasn't a tell on a team like that, but it's a really good thing we have the personnel to match-up with them. For us, we just got to have a consistent effort on both ends of the court. Especially defensively, they put you on backside positions that end up with James coming downhill hitting shooters, or playing 1-on-1. Tonight we just played really well."

Reporters: "Tonight was a close game until the 4th quarter where you guys had a great offensive night. How much does a game like this strengthen you guys?"

Kyrie: "I feel like we are strengthened already. We've been through a lot already as a team, especially with the core group of guys we have here. Executing in the 4th isn't exactly hard for us. We already have a 4th quarter package we go to set in stone. We just got to continue getting better and executing down the stretch."

Reporters: "Kyrie, Coach Lue has talked some about decision making in response to the speed of play you guys are playing at, do you have a sense of what he's talking about?"

Kyrie: "I do. I do. I feel like that was specifically geared towards me, especially as the point guard. We've just been getting it out and going, but the control will be better next game and as we go through the season."

---

James Harden really doesn't play like James Harden in this game. He constantly defers, and doesn't have a lot of isos called. He played a one-on-one twice which led to scores, then started jacking threes. Though, watching him in some playoff games, maybe he really does play like Harden... :lol:
wdt92

Postby wdt92 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 am

Kyrie Irving Injured!

11/3/2016

Kyrie limping back to the locker room during 2nd quarter
CLEVELAND -- It's halftime during the TNT broadcast of the Cavaliers and Boston matchup, and we just have seen one of the most heartbreaking stories from Cleveland so far this season. Kyrie, who has been in the MVP discussions thus far this season, had his ankle completely give out on him during a drive in the 2nd. We are unsure at this time what the extent of the injury is, but from the horrendous footage of the game, it is clear that it isn't a simple one, and expect Kyrie to miss quite a few games in the upcoming stretch. As Turner Sports has already reported live, Kyrie will be receiving an MRI tomorrow and will not be going with Cleveland to Philadelphia.

---

LeBron James Dazzles to Win
LeBron James' no look to D-Wil

---

Inside the NBA
phpBB [video]

---

The injury came at a really bad time. However, I like that 2K had him giving the interview at the end of the game. :lol:
wdt92

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:26 am

wdt92 wrote:The injury came at a really bad time. However, I like that 2K had him giving the interview at the end of the game. :lol:

lol, they didn't acknowledge it at all?
[Hyperize]

Postby wdt92 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:15 am

cavs4872 wrote:
wdt92 wrote:The injury came at a really bad time. However, I like that 2K had him giving the interview at the end of the game. :lol:

lol, they didn't acknowledge it at all?

Nope. They asked him how he approached this game. The game logic is amazing. :lol:
Last edited by wdt92 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
wdt92

Postby wdt92 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 am

Report: Cav's Irving out 1-2 months with broken ankle
From NBA.com Staff
Nov 4, 2016

The shock of Kyrie Irving going down in such a gruesome way has really sent waves through the NBA. Similar to the reaction of Paul George's freak injury, it appeared to be a common drive we've seen Kyrie make time and time again. The result was far from common, however, as Kyrie was next seen down on the floor in some of the most obvious pain we've seen grasping at his ankle.

Following the injury, this morning Kyrie went to have X-rays and other procedures done to find exactly how damaged his ankle was. The news was as grim as the view. Kyrie Irving had a freak break in his ankle. The Cavaliers released today that Kyrie will be out for quite sometime healing and rehabbing the injury.

"It's always a tragedy when a guy goes down with an injury in this league," LeBron said in a statement to Cavs.com, "However, for us, Kyrie's injury was very costly. It is always next guy up with us, but the lack of his production will be felt on the entire team. We will all have to be better to pick up the slack while he heals." Coach Lue also added in his statement, "Kyrie got hurt at the worst time for us as a basketball team. We have had a quick change of roles this season, and Kyrie was really taking on a more 'alpha' role, so to speak. He was being more aggressive, and we were putting the ball more in his hands. The injury obviously hurt that."

The rest of the league has released countless twitter responses immediately following the news showing fans their unity among this league. Fellow superstar, Kevin Durant tweeted, "Man, freak injury. Hope Kyrie heals soon, can't wait to see him on the court." Coach Gregg Popovich from the San Antonio Spurs has also released a statement today during their pregame interview: "You never know when these things will happen. We all remember Paul George's injury from the Olympics, and that's, unfortunately, part of the game. We have to be careful and really, as a league, begin further investment in these young men's bodies. Kyrie Irving is such a spectacular athlete, and a fantastic young man, we all just wish the best in his recovery and that he can come back sooner rather than later."

The final thought for all of us in the NBA family was really echoed with Kevin Love's tweet "This really goes beyond basketball. Kyrie is such a good guy, and it sucks he went down like that. All of our thoughts and prayers are with him in his recovery and can't wait to have him back."
wdt92

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood