CRASH PROBLEM - TUTORIAL SOLUTION

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

CRASH PROBLEM - TUTORIAL SOLUTION

Postby G-Game on Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:32 am

I’ve been playing a lot of nba live series for many years now (even if I also have 2K series) I still like to play live game, so I would like to write a tutorial on how to solve crash problem when playing NBALIVE08.

This is for all the people who use multiple update…
Just make sure your game is original… or else the solution may not work!!! :mrgreen:

Problem: customize AIACT = if player shoot a jump shot and the game crash!
Solution: if your using a customize AIACT just make sure you have a compatible animation (xanims.viv and xsyms.viv)

Problem: 2X Court – game still crash even if you already reduce the size of the xcrowd or large.fsh file?
Solution: you might also have to reduce the resolution of this files xxxxcrt.fsh and xxxxcrt_vram.fsh. (xxxx = team abbreviation)
Note: if you have large.fsh in you sgms folder, delete it!

Problem: 2X Cyber Face
Solution: open player xxxxxxx.fsh (xxxxxxx = PLAYERPKG) then resize to 256x256 (but personally I don’t have any problem with 2X cf, I actually make all my cf to 2X) but I guess it really depends on your computer capacity.

Problem: 2X Jersey - if you choose to play 2X home and away jersey for both team and the game crash!
Solution: usually game crash when the .viv jersey file is higher than 14MB (less than 14MB usually don’t have any crash issue) that is base on my experience.
Note: you can still use your jersey that is over 14MB or 20MB all you need to do is select 1X jersey for the other team. (ex: retro jersey)

Problem: Customize Team = game crash if you call time out, free throw, get fouled.
Solution: If you made a custom or new team, just make sure you also have a transition .fsh file (4 letter xxxx.fsh same as your TEAMABR4) and place it to your sgms folder.

Problem: Scripter - some people have issue when they use scripter from other live game (live 05, 06, 07)
Solution: just use the default scripter.

Just check my solution one-by-one and see if one of this can solve your crash problem.

IF I FORGOT SOMETHING JUST WRITE IT HERE…. ENJOY A CRASH FREE LIVE GAME!!!
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Re: CRASH PROBLEM - TUTORIAL SOLUTION

Postby S_Brat on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 am

i have the game crashing during time out...its with all original teams..... i can stop it by pressing Esc and goin to subs menu.... when i cancel out it wont crash but if i let the game continue it crashes.....
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby iamamac on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:41 am

Also, large logos will cause crashes (like if you go through the teams in "Play Now" mode, and after getting to that team, the game crashes) - the solution is to resize them.
iamamac

Postby Sideshow Bob on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 am

G-Game wrote:Problem: customize AIACT = if player shoot a jump shot and the game crash!
Problem: Customize Team = game crash if you call time out, free throw, get fouled.
Solution: If you made a custom or new team, just make sure you also have a transition .fsh file (4 letter xxxx.fsh same as your TEAMABR4) and place it to your sgms folder.
Problem: Scripter - some people have issue when they use scripter from other live game (live 05, 06, 07)

I 've been playing with all those and i dont experience crashes...
☆☆
Sideshow Bob
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks, this should be a good reference we can direct people to for troubleshooting. I'll sticky it here in the main section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby G-Game on Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:11 am

Andrew wrote:Thanks, this should be a good reference we can direct people to for troubleshooting. I'll sticky it here in the main section.

That is all from my experience playing live game for years, hope everyone can play crash free! and thanks for the sticky! :D

∂Θℓℱ ₩ΔN∂ wrote:
G-Game wrote:Problem: customize AIACT = if player shoot a jump shot and the game crash!

I 've been playing with all those and i dont experience crashes...

me too i don't have any problem with maximum setting.

iamamac wrote:Also, large logos will cause crashes (like if you go through the teams in "Play Now" mode, and after getting to that team, the game crashes) - the solution is to resize them.

yes mostly it happens to add-on teams.

Mgc#12 wrote:i have the game crashing during time out...its with all original teams..... i can stop it by pressing Esc and goin to subs menu.... when i cancel out it wont crash but if i let the game continue it crashes.....

i have that problem before, it's my aiact... try to use and test first default AIACT and 1X jersey and play one game.
Just to proved that your a real men you don't need to bang up different girls every night, being loyal to just one girl is already man enough... oh yeah!!!
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Mhikez on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 am

An idea from my poor mind: If the game crashes even if you follow the steps above....try to install properly the roster files. Copy the all the Roster File "NBA TUP 12" inside that folder except save.bat then paste it on these folders: C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\currentdb, C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\originaldb, C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\workingdb

if you change roster just do the same process stated above..^^....i don't know if you already know these guys...but i just want to share..^^ for the information of everybody..^^
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Postby nathan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 pm

mhikez wrote:An idea from my poor mind: If the game crashes even if you follow the steps above....try to install properly the roster files. Copy the all the Roster File "NBA TUP 12" inside that folder except save.bat then paste it on these folders: C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\currentdb, C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\originaldb, C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\workingdb

if you change roster just do the same process stated above..^^....i don't know if you already know these guys...but i just want to share..^^ for the information of everybody..^^

hey do you have any tutorial or steps in using patch from )08 to 07 particularly the fiba live 11? pls help...
nathan

Postby Mhikez on Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 pm

be specific bro...which particular patch do you need help?
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Postby nathan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:53 pm

nathan wrote:
mhikez wrote:An idea from my poor mind: If the game crashes even if you follow the steps above....try to install properly the roster files. Copy the all the Roster File "NBA TUP 12" inside that folder except save.bat then paste it on these folders: C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\currentdb, C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\originaldb, C:\....\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\workingdb

hey do you have any tutorial or steps in using patch from )08 to 07 particularly the fiba live 11? pls help...

yah.. this is what also i need.. can you do something.. we know ur d expert on it.. i just want to enjoy playing fiba live. plsss
nathan

Postby Mhikez on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:48 pm

nathan wrote: yah.. this is what also i need.. can you do something.. we know ur d expert on it.. i just want to enjoy playing fiba live. plsss

I think this is what I understood. You need the steps on how to do this.

1. Download the roster file (e.g. NBA TUP12).
2. Put it in C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\saves
3. Copy the all files inside the roster file (e.g NBA TUP12) EXCEPT save.bat.
4. Paste all the copied files into these folders:
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\workingdb
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\originaldb
C:\Users\XXXXXX\Documents\NBA LIVE 08\database\currentdb
5. Run the game. Go to OPTIONS>LOAD/SAVE>(then load the roster file e.g. NBA TUP12)

That's it. You're good to go..^^

NOTE: You can do these steps again, if you want to switch roster.^^
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Postby nathan on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:55 pm

tnx dude.. but im taking about the fiba live 11? can you help me with that bro?
nathan

Postby Mhikez on Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:42 am

All you have to do bro is to do the same thing as what the steps says, but this time it's your fiba live 2011 roster...just replace my example there (NBA TUP12) to Fiba Live 2011 and you're good to go.

if that's not what you mean...then give me a full description on what you really want to know...
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Postby Dc311 on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:02 am

nathan:
Fiba Live 11 was meant for 08.So if you are using the tutorial that Blake Bryant made about converting it to 07 then you have to consult him about that.
Dc311
"F@*K YOU WHALE!!!F@*K YOU DOLPHIN!!!"
Contributor

Postby G-Game on Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:43 am

just keep on sharing your ideas here guys (Y)
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Phenobe-X on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:22 pm

well im experiencing problems with season mode after the game is done the whole game crashes any solution?
Follow me on Twitter @phenobe
ImageImageImage

"Visions of Martin Luther Staring at me Malcom X put a Hex on my future someone catch me". - Hiiipower,Kendrick Lamar
Section 80
Phenobe-X

Postby nathan on Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:41 pm

can blake enter this forum?o well. tnx dude..
nathan

Postby G-Game on Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:09 am

Phenobe-X wrote:well im experiencing problems with season mode after the game is done the whole game crashes any solution?

your using what roster bro? do crash happen after 4th qtr? or if you try to exit season to main menu?

nathan wrote:can blake enter this forum?o well. tnx dude..

ask him if you have question, i don't play my live07 that much.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Phenobe-X on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:17 am

G-Game wrote:
Phenobe-X wrote:well im experiencing problems with season mode after the game is done the whole game crashes any solution?

your using what roster bro? do crash happen after 4th qtr? or if you try to exit season to main menu?

nathan wrote:can blake enter this forum?o well. tnx dude..

ask him if you have question, i don't play my live07 that much.

Bro it happens after 4th Q and im using Amenace roster
Follow me on Twitter @phenobe
ImageImageImage

"Visions of Martin Luther Staring at me Malcom X put a Hex on my future someone catch me". - Hiiipower,Kendrick Lamar
Section 80
Phenobe-X

Postby G-Game on Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:02 am

i tested it and there's no problem with the roster, and base on what you write in your other post you're using an illegal copy? just like what i said in this tutorial, just make sure your game is original or else the solution may not work. it is against the rule.
G-Game
Certified Judoka.

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:04 am

Seems he was using a cracked copy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby nathan on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:47 pm

nathan wrote:

why is it that we should not copy the save bat.coz as for me i run Tup12 in my nba live 2007 with the save bat and it work.. :roll:
nathan

Postby Mhikez on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:32 pm

it's up to you...if it still works well that's better,,,save.bat...probably that means it's only for the save folder......this is what i did...i just want to share it...i found that tutorial on how to properly update the roster in youtube...and that's how they do it...that was long time ago...i can't find the video now...now if you don't want to follow it...it's up to you...
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Postby nathan on Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:57 am

ok tnx..further explanation pls for the save bat.?can someone?why is it that we should not copy the save bat.?
nathan

Postby Mhikez on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm

lol...coz it has nothing to do with the currentdb, originaldb and workingdb folders.....have you noticed?..you can't find any .bat files in those folders....that means it's not useful there...one more thing....one common you can find in the names of those folders is the word db at the end of their names. (currentDB, originalDB, workingDB). the word DB stands for database. The filename extensions of the files that can be found there are DBF(database) and a TXT(xdbver.txt) file.

To conclude, BAT files are not useful for those folders.
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Next

Return to NBA Live 08