NBA 2K8 Video Thread

Talk about NBA 2K9 here, as well as all previous games in the NBA 2K series.

NBA 2K8 Video Thread

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:33 pm

This is using "Crowd" camera, which was the only 2K to have this exact view on any of the last gen or this gen games. 2K8 had roughly 30 camera views, 2K9 had around 10-15. They removed a lot.

This gives you that NBA Live 96 look. And, this game still holds up pretty well.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: NBA 2K8 Video Thread

Postby heyyou on Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:34 am

hey mr dee4three

i see you are a big fan of 2k basketball also in the modding and sliders stuff and u problably played all the 2k games i want ask you a few questions,

first im purely offline player, i dont give a f**** on my player ,vc,gta stuff crap dont give you a f****cent 2k sorry,... pretty much play against CPU

i divide the 2k games in two,old gen (ps3 era2k8 to 2k14 )and current gen graphics(15 to 19 if im not wrong) im on pc always since 2k13

ive played 2k13 ALOT with URB rosters doing retro seasons wich is the more i like ,now im not playing any bball game since i try 2k17 and i played 2 or 3 games...feel depresed after playing such good graphics but...the lack of gameplay..anyways.

i prefeer fluid gameplay over graphics but im tired of 2k13 and 14(pretty much same) graphics they look old

so my question is from 15 to 19 wich is for you the best fluid enjoying even realistic gameplay in combination with nex gen graphics 15,16,17,18 or 19 wich enjoy you more?

the thing more i hate in 2k games is the animations,players stuck each other,ball movement and all this shit im sure you know what im talking about :evil: :evil:

wich is the 2k game in your opinion is more polished old gen and next gen.

so wats the nex gen pc 2k you recommend? if any....im about try 2k19 with you sliders but i want your personal opnion
or maybe i keep playing again 2k14 and 2k13 with marvelous URB seasons rosters? but the old graphics....

hope you see this message,sorry my bad english and THX¡¡

and tanks to all the guys doing mods to improve the mess 2k do every year (i used to do myself mods back in 2k13 as the name of wiwakono,lol):bowdown:
heyyou

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:19 am

heyyou wrote:hey mr dee4three

i see you are a big fan of 2k basketball also in the modding and sliders stuff and u problably played all the 2k games i want ask you a few questions,

first im purely offline player, i dont give a f**** on my player ,vc,gta stuff crap dont give you a f****cent 2k sorry,... pretty much play against CPU

i divide the 2k games in two,old gen (ps3 era2k8 to 2k14 )and current gen graphics(15 to 19 if im not wrong) im on pc always since 2k13

ive played 2k13 ALOT with URB rosters doing retro seasons wich is the more i like ,now im not playing any bball game since i try 2k17 and i played 2 or 3 games...feel depresed after playing such good graphics but...the lack of gameplay..anyways.

i prefeer fluid gameplay over graphics but im tired of 2k13 and 14(pretty much same) graphics they look old

so my question is from 15 to 19 wich is for you the best fluid enjoying even realistic gameplay in combination with nex gen graphics 15,16,17,18 or 19 wich enjoy you more?

the thing more i hate in 2k games is the animations,players stuck each other,ball movement and all this shit im sure you know what im talking about :evil: :evil:

wich is the 2k game in your opinion is more polished old gen and next gen.

so wats the nex gen pc 2k you recommend? if any....im about try 2k19 with you sliders but i want your personal opnion
or maybe i keep playing again 2k14 and 2k13 with marvelous URB seasons rosters? but the old graphics....

hope you see this message,sorry my bad english and THX¡¡

and tanks to all the guys doing mods to improve the mess 2k do every year (i used to do myself mods back in 2k13 as the name of wiwakono,lol):bowdown:

Hey,

I would rank the offline experience gameplay wise this way:

1. NBA 2K17
2. NBA 2K16
3. NBA 2K15
4. NBA 2K19
5. NBA 2K18

Now, that's just me. The skating in 2K18 and 2K19 really hurt the experience for me, and the blow by exploit in 2K18 was a complete gamebreaker. 2K17 fixed many problems that I had with 2K16, so 2K17 is my favorite current gen title. Mods wise, I created a few rosters which you can check out on the 2K17 section, but retro content like the UBR or URB doesn't exist on this gen. Single seasons are either one offs or mostly incomplete, but a couple retro season rosters being released for 2K19, retro content seems to be more of a priority this year. So, if you want... you could always buy 2K19 on Steam in order to try it, and if you don't like it, you could return it for a full refund as long as you havnt played it for 2 hours. If you have a console, you could try the prelude as I believe its still available.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby heyyou on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:20 am

ok i think i re-try 2k17 back in the day not realy like it but maybe now i like it more after testing 2k19

but true is the modding is really focus on 2k19 there is alot of mods avliable in comparasion olders 2k in just 4or5 month of release :shock:

anyways thank for your response ... (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)
heyyou

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun May 12, 2019 8:03 am

Not my videos, but PS3 emulation is still in WIP and it seems that 2K7 and 2K8 are nearly playable :

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Sun May 12, 2019 1:09 pm

Definitely handy for screenshot and video capture.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby matmat66 on Tue May 28, 2019 11:53 am

I have also been in a retro mood lately. I reactivated my PS3 and started playing NBA 2k9 and 2k11, then NBA Live 09 and 10, NCAA Basketball 09 and 10, and College Hoops 2k8. I also played NBA Live 16 and 15 in the PS4 again. When I saw this video, I wanted to play 2k8 so bad but what I have now is the Xbox 360 disk and my Xbox 360 is no longer working. Luckily, I found someone selling a used PS3 version so I ordered it. Can't wait to play 2k8 again. I also ordered NBA Live 08 for the PS3 since my previous copy was also for Xbox 360. Your retro videos really pushes me to play my old games again. I even played NBA Live 98 and 2001 for the Playstation One on my PS3, thank god for the backward compatibility.
matmat66

Return to NBA 2K9 & Older