Denver Nuggets - The Next Level [Game 3 + 4]

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Denver Nuggets - The Next Level [Game 3 + 4]

Postby Kenny on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:47 pm

Game: NBA Live 10
Platform: PS3

82 game season
7 Minute Quarters
7 game Playoff Format

-----------
Player Movement
-----------
In: Louis Williams (from Philadelphia), Terrence Williams (from New Jersey), Robert Horry (free agency)
Out: Kenyon Martin (traded to Oklahoma City for their 2010 second round pick), Renaldo Balkman (traded to Philadelphia), Steven Hunter (traded to Philadelphia), Linas Klieza (traded to New Jersey), Wally Szczerbiak (traded to New Jersey)

------------
The Team
------------
STARTING

C: Nene
PF: Chris Anderson
SF: Carmelo Anthony
SG: JR Smith
PG: Chauncy Billups

BENCH

Malik Allen
Ty Lawson
Johan Petro
Louis Williams
Terrence Williams
Arron Affalo
Robert Horry
-----------

Notes: I have moved quite a few players in order to get in the positive in the salary cap. I'm not looking to make a charge at the 2010 free agency, but I find it useful to have cap room in case of player injuries. I've kept the core players to Denver's success and added some I believed would be an energy boost off the bench. I'm currently 8 games into the season with a record of 5-3. I will update you after the 10th game on how each player is going.

-----------

Year By Year

YearWin-LossLargest Win StreakPlayoff Win-LossResult
2009-201045-3776-7Eliminated Conference Semis Round in Game 6 by San Antonio
2010-201156-261316-3NBA Champions
2011-201241-41616-4NBA Champions
2012-201358-28816-9NBA Champions
2013-201443-3951-4Eliminated First Round Game 5 by Memphis
2014-201552-30102-4Eliminated First Round Game 6 by New Orleans
2015-201643-395N/ADid Not Make the Playoffs
2016-201768-141516-0NBA Champions
2017-201873-92416-2NBA Champions

-----------

Seasons 1-10
phpBB [video]
Last edited by Kenny on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 11 times in total.
This topic was moved from Stories from the Virtual Hardwood by Andrew on Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:51 pm.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Denver Nuggets - The Next Level? (NBA Live 10)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Good luck. (Y) I'll be waiting until we get some further DNA updates and to see if the official fix can do anything about the simulated stats before I start my Dynasty. There's a possibility that Dynamic Season will have to be be my mode of choice this year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Good luck. (Y) I'll be waiting until we get some further DNA updates and to see if the official fix can do anything about the simulated stats before I start my Dynasty. There's a possibility that Dynamic Season will have to be be my mode of choice this year.

Unfortunately there's a few problems with my wireless on the ps3, adding to the fact that I'm impatient, I decided to start my dynasty now. The dynamic season looks amazing too, I might have to check that out down the track.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 pm

So far I'm 5-5... I've lost my last two games, blown out by both Milwaukee and the Lakers. Hopefully I can pick it up over the next calendar month. There have been glimpses of brilliance, but the Nuggets have been hot and cold.

Here's the players and how I've rated them in the first 10 games:

Stand out
--------------

JR Smith: He seems to be my first choice scorer at the moment, averaging almost 19 points a game, which is 4th in the league. After a tumultuous off-season, it's good to see him back to what he does best... and he has been doing it excellent. He also averages 4 dimes a game on top of his scoring efforts.

Stars
------
Chauncy Billups: Despite foul trouble in 2 of the last 3 games, he has been a solid contributor, being second on the team in scoring and first in assists, as well leading the league in steals with 4.1 a game. He will be a big part of Denver's game plan to try and break this indifferent start to the season.

Chris Anderson: Adds much needed defensive toughness to the Denver lineup. Now he's starting, he's expected to be a more potent scorer, averaging almost a double-double this year in Points and Rebounds

Solid Contributors
-----
Nene: Nene has been solid. Always close to getting a double-double each night, he in conbination with the Birdman have been a great presense on the boards, although he's struggled against the bigger players (Hasheem Thabeet and Andrew Bogut come to mind).

Mailk Allen: Allen has injected enthusiasm off the bench. After Kenyon Martin's departure, Denver have looked to him to have a lot of the minutes to cover for the starting big men and he has done it nicely.

Johan Petro: He's been hitting the boards nicely and has provided some high energy play off the bench. His game time has been limited, but his play has been solid for what he's got.

Needs to do more?
----------------------
Carmelo Anthony: The franchise player has been a bit off his game lately, and has been somewhat demoted to 3rd choice scorer on the team. His form is vital to Denver's charge this year.

Louis Williams: He's struggled with the point guard duties, and he looks undersized as a 2. Don't be surprised if he's dealt before the trade deadline.

Rookies
---------
Ty Lawson: With the limited opportunities he's had, he has done well and has proven that he could very well be the future of this franchise. Got the first double-double of his career Vs Chicago. He looks like he's going to be a reliable backup for Chauncy this year.

Terrence Williams: He hasn't seen very much time at all since his arrival in Denver, and backing up Carmelo Anthony, he might not see a whole lot in the future either. Hopefully Denver can pick it up and he can get some valuable garbage time.

Bench Warmers
------------------
Arron Affalo: Has been a non-entity so far. Nothing to write home about... his shooting has been sub-par and his defense has been non-existent.

Robert Horry: Somewhat of a vanity free agency signing by yours truly. Probably won't get a whole heap of time this season, but if there's a clutch situation, I'll be mighty tempted to bring him on. He's made some nice baskets, but he only gets out there if there is some garbage time.
-----------------

Sorry about not having exact numbers and results yet. I'll do my best to get those in the future.
Last edited by Kenny on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:36 pm

The monthly awards have come in and for November, here are the recipients:

EAST PLAYER: Vince Carter (Orlando Magic)
WEST PLAYER: Chauncy Billups (Denver Nuggets)
EAST ROOKIE: Jrue Holliday (Philadelphia 76ers)
WEST ROOKIE: Blake Griffin (LA Clippers)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:33 pm

The new calendar year of my season has begun. So here's an update:

The Denver Nuggets are sitting 5th in the Eastern Conference with a record of 19-13. The last 5 games they have gone 2-3. As mentioned before, JR Smith has been a stand out performer. He is in the top 5 in the league in scoring (18.3ppg) and steals (1.4spg). But for the month of December, Nene has been the story, winning the West player of the Month award averaging 15.3 points a game and 9.6 rebounds. His inside presense has been massive over the last month and hopefully he can continue through the season.

---------------------
STANDINGS WEST
---------------------
Houston 24-9
San Antonio 20-10
Phoenix 20-13
Utah 20-12
Denver 19-13
Sacramento 17-13
Dallas 17-15
New Orleans 14-16
----
LA Lakers 13-18
Portland 14-20
Minnesota 13-20
Memphis 12-19
Golden State 11-20
LA Clippers 11-21
Oklahoma City 8-24

--------------------
STANDINGS EAST
--------------------
Boston 25-6
Orlando 21-10
Cleveland 21-13
Washington 18-12
Charlotte 17-13
Milwaukee 17-13
Atlanta 16-15
Toronto 17-16
---
Chicago 14-16
Indiana 15-16
Detroit 14-18
Philadelphia 12-20
Miami 12-18
New York 10-22
New Jersey 11-21

Player of the Month: December
--------------------
EAST: [CLE] Lebron James (20.4ppg 3.8rpg 1.4bpg)
WEST: [DEN] Nene (15.3ppg 9.6rpg 3.1apg 1.6bpg)
EAST Rookie: [PHI] Jrue Holiday (5.6ppg 4.2apg)
WEST Rookie: [GS] Stephen Curry (12.4ppg 4.1apg

MVP Candidates
-------------------
[CLE] Lebron James: 20.5ppg 3.9rpg 2.5 steals and blocks combined
[PHX] Steve Nash: 17.2ppg 6.2apg
[DEN] JR Smith: 18.3ppg 3.5apg 1.4spg
[UTA] Deron Williams: 18.8ppg 5apg
[CLE] Mo Williams: 15.3ppg 6.1apg

League Leaders
-------------------

Points Per Game
1) [CLE] Lebron James 20.5
2) [MIA] Dwyane Wade 20.3
3) [MIL] Michael Redd 19.2
4) [UTA] Deron Williams 18.8
5) [DEN] JR Smith 18.3

Rebounds Per Game
1) [DEN] Nene 9.1
2) [HOU] Yao Ming 8.5
3) [SAN] Tim Duncan 8
4) [LAL] Pau Gasol 7.9
5) [UTA] Carlos Boozer
...[NOH] Emeka Okafor
...[DEN] Chris Andersen

Assists Per Game
1) [ORL] Jameer Nelson 7.7
2) [BOS] Rajon Rondo 7.1
3) [PHX] Steve Nash 6.2
4) [CLE] Mo Williams 6.1
5) [LAL] Derek Fisher 6
...[TOR] Jose Calderon 6

Steals Per Game

1) [DEN] Chauncy Billups 3.4
2) [BOS] Paul Pierce 1.6
...[NYK] Nate Robinson 1.6
4) [MIA] Dwyane Wade 1.5
5) [DEN] JR Smith 1.4
...[ATL] Josh Smith 1.4

Blocks Per Game
1) [LAC] Marcus Camby 1.8
2) [NOH] Emeka Okafor 1.7
...[NJN] Brook Lopez 1.7
...[MIN] Al Jefferson 1.7
5) [DEN] Chris Andersen 1.6

---------------------------------

Hope you all enjoyed my update. With any luck I should have my PS3 hooked up to the net soon. I have a couple of replays and photos that look great. Thanks for reading
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:19 pm

Damn, some hings are very unrealistic. :D Like Jr an MVP candidate. :D He's playing great, but still :P

You're doing pretty well. Miami 12-18? :crazyeyes:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kenny on Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:49 am

Martti. wrote:Damn, some hings are very unrealistic. :D Like Jr an MVP candidate. :D He's playing great, but still :P

You're doing pretty well. Miami 12-18? :crazyeyes:

A few statistical anomalies in there, but JR has been my go to guy so far this season. He's become a far more consistent player under my management and his shot selection is better too. Maybe jail did indeed change him like he reported?
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:38 pm

January update:

January proved to be an inconsistent month for Denver, as they went 7-8 and are now currently sitting 6th in the Western Conference. A combination of factors has led to this, including Melo's erratic shooting behind the arc and Billups regularly getting into foul trouble. While Ty Lawson has proved adequate off the bench, Chauncy is really the team leader, and not having him on the floor can have an adverse effect on the team. But when he has been on the floor, he has been a defensive nightmare and living up to his nickname of "Mr Big Shot".

JR Smith and Nene have continued their emergence in the NBA this season. JR has jumped up to third in the league in points per game averaging 19.4, while Nene is still leading the league in boards with 8.8. Both players look in terrific shape for the upcoming all-star game. JR Smith in my opinion is also the main contender for the Most Improved Player award, but time will tell how the computer will judge that one.

As for the other players, Chris Anderson has proven to be a great partner on the defensive end for Nene. He leads the team in block shots and is only just outside the top 5 for Rebounds Per Game. Malik Allen has proven once again to be a useful player on the bench and might be an outsider for the 6th man award. On the defensive end, Johan Petro has stepped up in the minutes he has had and I believe he will be the first player I resign to the Nuggets next year. Louis Williams has been an inconsistent shooter all year long and I'm still not convinced he's a 2. He has every now and then rotated to the point, and seems to play soundly there without being spectular. Terrence Williams has shown some athleticism in his limited minutes, but tends to turn the over a bit too often. Robert Horry and Arron Affalo have basically fallen out of rotation.

--------------------
EAST STANDINGS
--------------------

Boston: 37-8
Washington: 29-17
Orlando: 30-18
Cleveland: 29-20
Charlotte: 26-20
Toronto: 26-22
Indiana: 25-23
Milwaukee: 23-23
---
Chicago: 22-23
Atlanta: 22-24
Detroit: 19-27
Miami: 19-28
Philadelphia: 17-31
New Jersey: 16-30
New York: 13-34
--------------------------------
---------------------
WEST STANDINGS
---------------------

San Antonio: 31-15
Phoenix: 32-17
Houston: 31-16
Dallas: 30-17
Utah: 27-19
Denver: 26-21
Sacramento: 22-24
New Orleans: 22-25
---
Golden State: 21-25
Minnesota: 21-28
Portland: 21-28
LA Lakers: 20-28
LA Clippers: 18-29
Memphis: 17-29
Oklahoma City Thunder: 12-35
--------------------------------------

-----------------
JANUARY MONTHLY AWARDS
-----------------
East Player of the Month: [MIA] Dwyane Wade- 20ppg, 2.3apg, 2.6 combined steals and blocks per game
West Player of the Month: [PHO] Steve Nash- 21.1ppg, 5.4apg
East Rookie of the Month: [MIL] Brandon Jennings- 12.1ppg, 3.7apg
West Rookie of the Month: [MIN] Jonny Flynn- 7.9ppg, 3.8apg

--------------------
MVP CANDIDATES
--------------------
[PHO] Steve Nash: 18.5ppg, 5.9apg
[CLE] Lebron James: 20ppg, 3.7apg
[DEN] JR Smith: 19.4ppg, 3.2apg
[UTA] Deron Williams: 18.2ppg, 5.1apg
[MIA] Dwyane Wade: 20.2ppg, 1.4spg

---------------------
LEAGUE LEADERS
---------------------

PPG
-----
[MIA] Dwyane Wade 20.2
[CLE] Lebron James 20
[DEN] JR Smith 19.4
[PHO] Steve Nash 18.5
[UTA] Deron Williams 18.2

APG
-----
[ORL] Jameer Nelson 7.4
[BOS] Rajon Rondo 7.1
[LAL] Derek Fisher 6.1
[PHO] Steve Nash 5.9
[TOR] Jose Calderon 5.8

RPG
-----
[DEN] Nene 8.8
[HOU] Yao Ming 8.3
[LAL] Pau Gasol 7.9
[UTA] Carlos Boozer 7.7
[SAN] Tim Duncan 7.7

BPG
-----
[LAC] Marcus Camby 1.8
[NOH] Emeka Okafor 1.7
[MIN] Al Jefferson 1.7
[SAN] Tim Duncan 1.7
[NJN] Brook Lopez 1.6
[UTA] Carlos Boozer 1.6

SPG
-----
[DEN] Chauncy Billups 3
[ATL] Josh Smith 1.5
[DAL] Shawn Marion 1.4
[BOS] Paul Pierce 1.4
[MIA] Dwyane Wade 1.4
----------------------------------

My next update will be after the All-star weekend. Hopefully I could see as many as 3 players in the All-star game (JR Smith, Nene, Chauncy Billups) and perhaps Ty Lawson can sneak onto the Rookie team. Thanks for reading :D
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:12 pm

EXPECTATION EXCEEDED: Denver's Starting 5 in All-Star Lineup

For the upcoming All-star game, Denver's entire starting lineup has been chosen for the West team. Nene will mark his first All-star appearance as a starter, as well as JR Smith. Carmelo Anthony was a shock selection starting at small forward, while Chauncy Billups and Chris Andersen were both named on the West bench. For a team ranked 6th, some might question the Nuggets prominence in the game, but hey, it'd make for fun game to spectate. Along with the 3 Denver starters, Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash make up the Wests starting 5. Also of note, there are two debutants on the bench (Deron Williams, Kevin Durant)

For the Easts, the starting lineup is all too familiar looking, selecting only two debutants for the bench (Andrew Bogut and Derrick Rose).

EAST:
C: Dwight Howard
PF: Kevin Garnett
SF: Lebron James
SG: Dwyane Wade
PG: Mo Williams
BENCH
Andrew Bogut
Chris Bosh
Paul Pierce
Vince Carter
Derrick Rose
Ray Allen
Michael Redd

WEST
C: Nene
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
SF: Carmelo Anthony
SG: JR Smith
PG: Steve Nash
BENCH
Chris Andersen
Amar'e Stoudemire
Kevin Durant
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
Chauncy Billups
Chris Paul

ROOKIE BENCH GETS THE POINT: Lawson selected

In an unusual move, the entire bench for the rookie side consists of point guards, one of which including Denver's Ty Lawson. 4 players of the top 10 draftees were selected (Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet, Jonny Flynn, Brandon Jennings), whilst monthly reward recipients Stephen Curry and Jrue Holiday have been reward with selection.

For the Sophomore side, Derrick Rose will be playing in both games this all-star weekend, starting at point guard. OJ Mayo, Brook Lopez and Russell Westbrook will also be returning to the Rookie challenge as Sophomores this year as well.

ROOKIES
C: Hasheem Thabeet
PF: Blake Griffin
SF: James Johnson
SG: Christian Eyenga
PG: Jonny Flynn
BENCH
Stephen Curry
Jrue Holiday
Brandon Jennings
Ty Lawson

SOPHOMORE
C: Brook Lopez
PF: Kevin Love
SF: Danilo Gallinari
SG: OJ Mayo
PG: Derrick Rose
BENCH
DJ Augustin
Russell Westbrook
Courtney Lee
Mario Chalmers
----------------------
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Hotwater10 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:39 am

Dude, This is nice. Thx for the updates.
I do videos for NBA Live and all sorts of games! Check me out!

http://www.youtube.com/UnbeatableJacob
Hotwater10

Postby Kenny on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Hotwater10 wrote:Dude, This is nice. Thx for the updates.

No worries, thanks for reading :)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:21 pm

ALL-STAR WEEKEND

The time is here again for the best of NBA to entertain and this year sees an incredibly strong representation from my Denver Nuggets, but how did they go in the big game?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOPHOMORES GET REDEMPTION

After last year getting beaten as rookies, the Sophomores redeemed themselves with a 13 point win over the Rookies. However, the game started with 6 straight points to top draft pick Blake Griffin, as he was on his way to be the game's top scorer. But any momentum the Rookies had was quickly arrested by an outstanding MVP performance by Brook Lopez with great support from Derrick Rose and OJ Mayo. Brook Lopez didn't just record a double-double, but he was 2 rebounds away from having a 20-20 game. Late in the 4th quarter, Brandon Jennings of the Rookie team hit 2 clutch 3 pointers to bring them back within 10 after trailing by as many as 20. But the Rookies were simply out-muscled on the boards all night and this proved to be what won the match.

As well as Brook Lopez, Blake Griffin recorded a double-double, while Kevin Love (13 points, 9 rebounds) and Hasheem Thabeet (10 points, 8 rebounds) weren't too far off.

TY LAWSON
Ty Lawson essentially got a DNP in this game, with the only minute he got was in the fourth quarter when the game was already won. In a bench stacked with Point Guards, I wasn't too surprised by this.

THE STATS
Sophomore 89 [B Lopez 22, Rose 21, Mayo 18]
Rookies 76 [B Griffin 24, Eyenga 15, J Johnson 11]

Rebounds

Rookies: B Griffin 11
Sophomore: B Lopez 18

Assists

Rookies: Eyenga 5
Sophomore: Rose 6

Rookie game MVP: Brook Lopez
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WEST OVERRUN EAST

The All-Star game started off with just about every shot going in. However it proved to be Dwyane Wade's perimeter shooting that was the difference in the first quarter as the East jumped out to an early lead. Dwight Howard looked to be too much for Nene to handle during the first half as he dominated the offensive glass and notched up a double-double overall in the game.

Despite trailing by as many as 16 during the 3rd quarter, the Wests came out in the 4th led by Kobe Bryant. His erratic start to the game was quickly forgotten as he hit some vital shots down the stretch and the West hit the front for the first time with less than 2 minutes to go. Defending brilliantly in the dying minutes, the Western All-stars overcame a valiant Eastern All-star side.

Three players reached double-doubles in the night, with Dwight Howard (15pts, 13rebs), Dirk Nowitzki (16pts, 11rebs) and Chris Paul (11pts, 10ast). For Denver, Nene had a solid debut despite early dominance by Dwight Howard. Carmelo Anthony got a few nice touches on his way to 12 points, while both JR Smith and Chris Andersen got their only two points of the night from the free throw line after intentional fouls. Chauncy was only the court only for the last play.

THE STATS

West 85 [Bryant 22, Nowitzki 16, Nene 12, Anthony 12]
East 76 [James 17, Howard 15, Garnett 14, Wade 13]

Rebounds

East: Howard 13
West: Nowitzki 11

Assists

East: Mo Williams 7
West: Paul 10

All-star MVP:
Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Kenny on Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:56 pm

Trade Deadline

Well, it's come to that time, only two trades have been made before the deadline (apart from my initial trades in the season), and they are as follows:

The Orlando Magic acquired Rasheed Wallace from the Boston Celtics for Marcin Gortat

Indiana have traded Mike Dunleavy and Tyler Hansborough to the Kings for Spencer Hawes and Kenny Thomas
--------------------------------

As well as this, I thought I'd list the free agency signings of the year so far, so you know who signed who:

Atlanta: Maceo Baston, Bobby Jackson, Ramon Sessions
Boston: Bruce Bowen, Dwayne Jones
Charlotte: Fred Jones, Stephane Lasme, Jacque Vaughn
Chicago: Carlos Arroyo, Wayne Ellington
Cleveland: Juan Dixon, Carlos Delfino, Eric Snow
Detroit: Fabricio Oberto, Rodney Carney, Lindsey Hunter
Houston: Gerald Green
Indiana: Marquis Daniels, Alex Acker
LA Clippers: Allen Iverson
LA Lakers: Jake Voskuhl, Jamal Sampson
Memphis: Mario West
Milwaukee: Kareem Rush
Minnesota: Von Wafer, Bonzi Wells, Christian Eyenga
Orlando: Justin Williams
Philadelphia: Dikembe Mutombo, Stephon Marbury, Keith Bogans, Gabe Pruitt
Portland: Jason Williams, Jamal Tinsley, Austin Daye
Sacramento: Ben Wallace
San Antonio: Royal Ivey
Utah: Malik Rose
Washington: Damon Jones, Derek Anderson
---------------------------------------------------------------
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Martti. on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:27 pm

The Orlando Magic acquired Rasheed Wallace from the Boston Celtics for Marcin Gortat

:headbang:
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Postby Kenny on Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:57 pm

February Summary

JR Smith stepped up once again and moved up one place in the scoring table, now sitting second averaging 19.4ppg, behind only Dwyane Wade. However, the All-Star break proved to be a distraction for the Nuggets, losing focus and dropping the last 3 games of the month. They remain in 6th place (31-28), but with Golden State (30-28) and New Orleans (30-30) right on their heels, they need to pick it up in March. One positive that has come with this month has been the consistency of Carmelo Anthony. Not taking as many deep shots as he did previously in the season, his production is almost back to his brilliant best. Nene and the Birdman have been a little quiet on the offensive end, but are both managing to clean the glass, particularly on the defensive end, where Nene leads the league.

Monthly Awards

EAST PLAYER: Dwyane Wade (26.5ppg, 3.4 rpg, 2.8 steals/blocks combined)
WEST PLAYER: Steve Nash (18.3ppg, 6.2apg)
EAST ROOKIE: Jrue Holiday (8.4ppg, 4apg)
WEST ROOKIE: Stephen Curry (9.2ppg, 3.2apg)

STANDINGS

EAST:

Boston 42-15
Washington 38-20
Orlando 38-22
Cleveland 34-26
Toronto 31-27
Charlotte 30-27
Indiana 30-29
Atlanta 29-30
---
Chicago 29-30
Detroit 28-31
Miami 26-31
Milwaukee 26-34
Philadelphia 22-37
New Jersey 21-38
New York 18-40

WEST

San Antonio 38-19
Houston 37-21
Phoenix 38-23
Utah 36-23
Dallas 36-24
Denver 31-28
Golden State 30-28
New Orleans 30-30
---
LA Lakers 27-33
Portland 27-35
LA Clippers 25-34
Minnesota 25-36
Sacramento 24-35 (7L)
Memphis 22-37
Oklahoma City 18-40
-----------------------------------------------

OTHER NOTES FROM AROUND THE LEAGUE
-At the moment, the MVP race looks to have two competitors in Steve Nash and Dwyane Wade. Both players have gotten the monthly award for a second time in a row.
-Since trading away Spencer Hawes and Kenny Thomas for Mike Dunleavy and Tyler Hansborough, the Sacramento Kings have had a 7 game losing streak. Was the trade to move Ben Wallace into the Centres? Is team chemistry currently an issue?
-The Lakers are making a charge, moving up to 9th in the West. Will they have the legs to make it to the playoffs to defend their title? They would be a scary first round prospect for any team.
--------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Kenny on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:35 am

It's PS3 / 360? If not, a few pics wouldn't hurt.
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Cartar on Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:54 am

thierryhenry50 wrote:It's PS3 / 360? If not, a few pics wouldn't hurt.

It's on Nba Live 10, therefore it's on either PS3/360.
Cartar

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:33 am

Cartar wrote:

It's on Nba Live 10, therefore it's on either PS3/360.

Lol my bad. I gotta get some sleep... :wall:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:28 pm

MARCH UPDATE

MELO IS BACK! Yes, it took him a while to get warmed up this season, but he has come back and he is sending a message to all the contenders in the league. Averaging almost 24 points a game this month, he went back to back 40 plus games against Memphis (45) and a career high 51 against the West's 3rd seed Houston. And with Melo's rise to prominence, Denver enjoyed a winning month, going 11-5 in March. Working in tandem with JR Smith on the wing, there is no reason why Denver couldn't go all the way this year. Will Melo come up huge in the playoffs as he did last year?

MARCH MONTHLY AWARDS

EAST PLAYER: [IND] Danny Granger (20ppg, 3.4rpg)
WEST PLAYER: [DEN] Carmelo Anthony (23.9ppg, 4,1rpg, 2.6apg, 1bpg)
EAST ROOKIE: [PHI] Jrue Holiday (5.8ppg, 4.6apg)
WEST ROOKIE: [GSW] Stephen Curry (9.6ppg, 4.9apg)

STANDINGS

EAST:
Boston 54-20
Washington 49-25
Orlando 44-30
Cleveland 43-32
Charlotte 42-32
Atlanta 37-37
Toronto 37-37
Indiana 37-38
---
Chicago 36-38
Detroit 35-39
Milwaukee 32-42
Miami 30-42
Philadelphia 30-45
New York 25-49
New Jersey 24-51

WEST:
San Antonio 50-24
Phoenix 47-28
Houston 46-28
Dallas 44-31
Denver 42-33
Utah 41-35
Golden State 38-36
LA Lakers 37-38
---
New Orleans 36-40
Sacramento 36-40
Portland 34-41
Minnesota 32-43
LA Clippers 29-46
Memphis 28-46
Oklahoma City 24-50
---------------

---------------
AROUND THE LEAGUE NOTES
----------------
-The Lakers are now sitting in 8th spot in the West. This should set off alarm bells for any of the top 4 teams.
-In my opinion, Orlando are the toughest team in the league now with the acquisition of Rasheed Wallace. With their current starting lineup (Howard, Wallace, Lewis, Carter, Nelson), it's incredibly hard to find a weakness in Orlando's game.
-The MVP race is now between Lebron James and Dwyane Wade. Whether the computer will choose Lebron's all-round game or Dwyane's superior (although not by much) points per game average is still to be seen.
-For me, the clear cut winner of ROY this year should be Stephen Curry, but players likely to give him a run for his money are Jrue Holiday, Jonny Flynn and Brandon Jennings.
----------------
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:29 pm

I'm playing it on PS3. I've taken some pics of my dynasty and have some highlights as well, the only problem is my Wifi on my PS3 isn't working for some reason, however I have the option of running a cable to it as well. I might just do that.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:14 pm

Now with uploaded pictures

My bench (from left to right): Arron Afflalo, Louis Williams, Robert Horry, Ty Lawson, Johan Petro, Terrence Williams, Malik Allen

More to come

P.S: How do I size these down in code?
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:52 pm

Well, the season is finally over and we made it! Finishing 5th in the Western Conference. While I'm happy with this result, I dropped the last 4 games, which is concerning so close to the playoffs. Denver finished 45-37 and will compete against the 4th ranked Houston Rockets in the first round of the playoffs. As far as individual achievements are concerned, Malik Allen was recognised for his high energy play off the bench, being named 6th man of the year. Coming off contract next year, he could potentially cash in on this. Notably players from Denver who made the teams this year are Nene (All NBA First Team), Carmelo Anthony (All NBA Second Team), JR Smith (All NBA Second Team) Chauncy Billups (All Defensive First Team) and Ty Lawson (All Rookie Second Team). Overall it's been a solid year, and hopefully it'll extend deep in the playoffs.

-----------------------------------
End of Season Awards

INDIVIDUAL

Most Valuable Player: Lebron James [CLE]

Well, the King reigns supreme for the second year running. He had tough competition by Dwyane Wade and Steve Nash, but in the end, his all round play got him to the award he deserves.

Most Improved Player: Channing Frye [PHO]

Playing 82 games itself was a big achievement for Channing Frye, but not only that, he started in all of them two. From what I saw, he deserves this once, and perhaps he's living up to the potential many thought he had.

Defensive Player of the Year: Josh Smith [ATL]

Amongst the league leaders in blocks and steals, Josh Smith proved to once again be an intimidating presense on the defensive end, this year being rewarded for his efforts.

Rookie of the Year: Stephon Curry [GSW]

10 points per game from 20 minutes is pretty impressive and he was the clear cut favourite for this award pretty much all year.

6th Man: Malik Allen [DEN]

He hasn't been mentioned a whole lot, maybe because he isn't as flashy as say JR Smith and Carmelo Anthony. What he provided off the bench though was defensive toughness and some valuable baskets when Denver needed an injection of energy.

Coach of the year: Doc Rivers [BOS]

Boston have truly set the standard in the league this year and behind every great team is a great coach.

TEAMS

All NBA Team 1:
C Nene [DEN]
PF Dirk Nowitzki [DAL]
SF Lebron James [CLE]
SG Dwyane Wade [MIA]
PG Deron Williams [UTA]

All NBA Team 2:
C Yao Ming [HOU]
PF Kevin Garnett [BOS]
SF Carmelo Anthony [DEN]
SG JR Smith [DEN]
PG Mo Williams [CLE]

All Defensive Team 1:
C Al Jefferson [MIN]
PF Marcus Camby [LAC]
SF Josh Smith [ATL]
SG Dwyane Wade [MIA]
PG Chauncy Billups [DEN]

All Defensive Team 2:
C Dwight Howard [ORL]
PF Amir Johnson [MIL]
SF Shawn Marion [DAL]
SG Vince Carter [ORL]
PG Rajon Rondo [BOS]

All Rookie Team 1
Stephon Curry [GSW]
Blake Griffin [LAC]
Jrue Holiday [PHI]
Jonny Flynn [MIN]
Brandon Jennings [MIL]

All Rookie Team 2
James Johnson [CHI]
Christian Eyenga [MIN]
Earl Clark [PHO]
Hasheem Thabeet [MEM]
Ty Lawson [DEN]
-----------

Coming up next will be a look at the playoffs.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:00 am

Good luck against Houston! Hope you can knock em out!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Kenny on Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:33 pm

My 5 Favourite plays from the regular season

Unforunately this dunk wasn't caught on replay, but I still think the picture is impressive.

#5: Nene denies the Kings (my first replay... and you can kind of tell)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv_fG9BaDx0

#4: Mr Big Shot blocks Zach Randolph

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZH_0D89GQA

#3: My First Alley Oop (Billups to Nene)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvrpPbVa7dA

#2: Birdman flies onto Chauncy's pass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOp5L7l1Uv8

#1: JR Smith VS AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyOC1Ci2abM
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame