2K15 Explorer [WIP] [v0.285 Released]

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K15 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: 2K15 Explorer [WIP] [v0.285 Released]

Postby Look my voice to LP on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:45 am

Guys, i have a very specific question. I've noticed that this game works perfectly in practice arenas, in scrimage games ect. But stutters and lags in teams arenas. So it has something to do with arenas, right? So what i think is that the one of the most dramatic ways to improve your game perfomance is to change arenas textures resolution from 1014 for example to 512. In arenas there are so many little textures and they all are 1024 i guess, so shouldt we change them to make game less demanding without loosing beautiful graphics? It still will look great. :|
So that's my idea.
What do you think, guys? Is it possible to do with this tool?
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:32 pm

why cant you just lower your settings?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Look my voice to LP on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:51 pm

Kevin wrote:why cant you just lower your settings?

Becouse when i set textures and players on high there are no laging in scrimmange/practice arenas. So that why i wondering about lowering textures in court files. Is it possible with this tool?
ImageImage
I am godfather of the Paint
Look my voice to LP

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:46 pm

no.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Mhikez on Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:38 am

samardzicnba wrote:I think TBM made a turorial

Found it bro, I just need the models_2k.py now. Any idea please? THank you

Update:

Found it! Thanks anyway guys.
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin

Postby marko12 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:14 am

In 0B archive contains all the logos, unfortunately, can not be imported.
Is it possible to fix it?
-Covek nikada nije zadovoljan tamo gde je.
marko12

Postby john61023 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:55 pm

I can't open this tool. I've tried running as administrator but it just crashes .
john61023

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Hi all,

Slight concern. Im pretty good with this tool now (a lot of trial and error), and have located many hidden players in the OC tab (For example, Barkley, Marcus Camby, Eddie House, Leon Powe, all the players that can be unlocked in Myteam etc). I plan on using the 2k15 players I found body/faces) in NBA 2k16. I am crossing my fingers that NBA 2k16 can be opened with this tool. Importing the faces and bodies of the players is easy, as well as changing the portraits etc (Thank you for making this tool so easy to use). An example Ill give, obviously Barkley doesnt want to sign a contract with NBA 2k, which is fine. But I like filling the 84-85 Sixers team with him at PF (Because ... well... he started at power forward... Ill never understand why they didnt just put in the early 80's sixers championship team without him). Right now, I overwrote PJ TUCKERS face and body, gave Barkley his appropriate attributes, have the perfect Barkley CF and Body provided by the game, and have his portrait in there... IT IS BARKLEY). I want to be able to do this in 2k16.

What are your thoughts on this? My worry stems from the fact that they are doing body scans this year (which is cool), but from the screenshots it looks like they are still using the same graphics engine. This questions is probably better suited for TBM and GregKwaste, as I see you both have worked extensively on the tool.

Any idea's on this would be helpful. You will probqably say "Derek, there is not way we will know until the game comes out", but you guys are pretty smart, and you may be able to tell by the screenshots and use your experience to give a good guess. Thanks again for the tool!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby TBM on Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:32 pm

If it doesn't work natively, expect a separate tool to be made for 2K16.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:59 pm

TBM wrote:If it doesn't work natively, expect a separate tool to be made for 2K16.

Okay, thanks TBM.

It looks like the 12 classic team add ons are mostly newer teams, meaning the rosters shouldnt have many "fakes". Nothing is worse than a fake player coming into the game. Ive heard rumors that Barkley is actually in the next game (Maybe an announcement will come soon), I also think that him being in the OC tab for 2k15 is a hint to that as well.

I would love to get around to figuring out how to change the scoreboard/presentation/2k wipe... Has anybody figured that out for 2k15??
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby iamSamke on Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:11 am

Scoreboard files are in 0B, but when I edited it, scoreboard doesn't show up in game
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:33 am

samardzicnba wrote:Scoreboard files are in 0B, but when I edited it, scoreboard doesn't show up in game

Interesting.. Ill toy with it when I get home from work. It might be because it requires a certain file structure (just like the portraits) and for the dimensions to match up to the original scoreboard layout.

Ill keep you posted if I figure it out.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby iamSamke on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:36 am

Good luck with that m8 :D
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:31 pm

samardzicnba wrote:Good luck with that m8 :D

So I figured out how to change the jukebox (overwrite songs and sounds etc). But for some reason, no matter what I do, I cant get the scoreboard to change. I converted to DDS, import image (nothing), I replaced the 2k sports file that's I the scoreboard IN THE ZIP FILE archive with the same size TNT logo and imported, nothing. I just don't understand why its so easy to do it with portraits and not the scoreboard.

TBM and Greg... any idea?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:16 pm

nvm, I figured out the problem. IT DID work, just not on the scoreboard. I did another in game 2klogo... the one that is next to the city name when you are going for the tip (it will say something like los angelas, and next to it where normally theres a 2k logo, theres the tnt logo I put in...). So, my question than for anybody on this forum.. whats the offset for the scoreboard in the OB tab? I think I can make a pretty sweet TNT scoreboard if I can gain access to that file...

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby iamSamke on Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:33 pm

Damn, i wrote it few weeks ago when I found it. But I deleted it when I factory reseted my phone... I'll try to help you as much as I can
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:52 pm

samardzicnba wrote:Damn, i wrote it few weeks ago when I found it. But I deleted it when I factory reseted my phone... I'll try to help you as much as I can

Any luck? I know for a fact its not 16344111613

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby gregkwaste on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:00 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hi all,

Slight concern. Im pretty good with this tool now (a lot of trial and error), and have located many hidden players in the OC tab (For example, Barkley, Marcus Camby, Eddie House, Leon Powe, all the players that can be unlocked in Myteam etc). I plan on using the 2k15 players I found body/faces) in NBA 2k16. I am crossing my fingers that NBA 2k16 can be opened with this tool. Importing the faces and bodies of the players is easy, as well as changing the portraits etc (Thank you for making this tool so easy to use). An example Ill give, obviously Barkley doesnt want to sign a contract with NBA 2k, which is fine. But I like filling the 84-85 Sixers team with him at PF (Because ... well... he started at power forward... Ill never understand why they didnt just put in the early 80's sixers championship team without him). Right now, I overwrote PJ TUCKERS face and body, gave Barkley his appropriate attributes, have the perfect Barkley CF and Body provided by the game, and have his portrait in there... IT IS BARKLEY). I want to be able to do this in 2k16.

What are your thoughts on this? My worry stems from the fact that they are doing body scans this year (which is cool), but from the screenshots it looks like they are still using the same graphics engine. This questions is probably better suited for TBM and GregKwaste, as I see you both have worked extensively on the tool.

Any idea's on this would be helpful. You will probqably say "Derek, there is not way we will know until the game comes out", but you guys are pretty smart, and you may be able to tell by the screenshots and use your experience to give a good guess. Thanks again for the tool!

Experience says that companies most of the time tweak the model formats on the next release. I've never been involved into 2K modding in the past, but my FIFA experience says that even though the pure model characteristics are identical, the format has some change implemented that simply forbids any reuse of the past models.

If they keep the model format the same and the old files work in 2K16, this will be an exception, not a rule. Of course this will be a very very good thing, because it will save a lot of my time :D
gregkwaste
Tzatziki Master
Contributor

Postby iamSamke on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:14 am

Wow, greg you're back!
Any news on Roster Editor?
iamSamke

Postby gregkwaste on Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:59 am

iamSamke wrote:Wow, greg you're back!
Any news on Roster Editor?

Nothing new :P

Hopefully i'll get some time to start working on stuff next week. Stats and Tendencies changing works like a charm, but i want to search a bit more about the file associations.
gregkwaste
Tzatziki Master
Contributor

Postby iamSamke on Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:06 am

Great, Good Luck! (Y)
iamSamke

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:24 am

gregkwaste wrote:

Experience says that companies most of the time tweak the model formats on the next release. I've never been involved into 2K modding in the past, but my FIFA experience says that even though the pure model characteristics are identical, the format has some change implemented that simply forbids any reuse of the past models.

If they keep the model format the same and the old files work in 2K16, this will be an exception, not a rule. Of course this will be a very very good thing, because it will save a lot of my time :D

Thanks Greg. The new game comes out in less than a month, are you going to have time to work on a tool for that game if the current one does not work? I know you are a busy guy,

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby gregkwaste on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:48 am

Dee4Three wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:

Thanks Greg. The new game comes out in less than a month, are you going to have time to work on a tool for that game if the current one does not work? I know you are a busy guy,

Of course i will... I really doubt if there are going to be any huge changes on the game, so probably the current version will work on the new game as well. If it doesn't expect a new release within the first 1-2 weeks after the game release. I remain busy as fucking fuck, but the work needed is not even comparable with the work that has already been done so far, so i think i'll handle it in a weekend or something.
gregkwaste
Tzatziki Master
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:55 am

gregkwaste wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:

Of course i will... I really doubt if there are going to be any huge changes on the game, so probably the current version will work on the new game as well. If it doesn't expect a new release within the first 1-2 weeks after the game release. I remain busy as fucking fuck, but the work needed is not even comparable with the work that has already been done so far, so i think i'll handle it in a weekend or something.

Perfect, thank you. Your efforts make a world of difference.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby iamSamke on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:57 am

gregkwaste wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
gregkwaste wrote:

Love what I read. Looking forward to it!
iamSamke

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15 Modding