critique my court

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K20 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

critique my court

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:27 am

so i'm re-making my knicks city court for a good ol' V2 version of it, and i'm having creative struggles. i just changed the center court logo to the big apple/recolored the stanchion to black and it really brought the court together a lot more. gotta change the scorers table or w.e it's called to black as well, but cannot find the file rn (gonna keep looking).

My problem is that i cannot make my mind up on whether or not i like the inside key line style. is it too denver-ey? idk. i can't decide if i should change it or not. so my main question is.
1. does this shit suck?
2. should i change sed shit?
3. do you guys like this now the way it is?

help me decide.
[Stove]

Re: critique my court

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 am

Yeah, this sucks
bluejaybrandon

Postby HysanG on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:33 am

The old one is better imo.
HysanG

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:34 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:Yeah, this sucks

what don't you like? be more specific. what would you change?
[Stove]

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:36 am

I answered the question you posed. I'm not going to feed the ego.
bluejaybrandon

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:37 am

HysanG wrote:The old one is better imo.

[Stove]

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:38 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:I answered the question you posed. I'm not going to feed the ego.

um ok man...? have i done something to offend you?
[Stove]

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:43 am

[Stove] wrote:
bluejaybrandon wrote:I answered the question you posed. I'm not going to feed the ego.

Not at all. You came fishing for compliments. Why else would you create a new thread and diss your own content? That and the "preheating" thing. It's a shtick. You opened the door, I just answered your question about the content, someone else agreed they didn't prefer it. Maybe others will disagree.
bluejaybrandon

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:58 am

bluejaybrandon wrote:
[Stove] wrote:

Not at all. You came fishing for compliments. Why else would you create a new thread and diss your own content? That and the "preheating" thing. It's a shtick. You opened the door, I just answered your question about the content, someone else agreed they didn't prefer it. Maybe others will disagree.

yea so no i did not come "fishing for compliments". i genuinely did not know what to do with this court so i took it to the forum for critiques/suggestions. "preheating" is a meme. i'm a stove... get it? i say "preheating" and then 420 ready to bake. its called a joke. a meme. why would i create my own thread to diss my content? bc i can take the criticism. bc i'm not a little bitch who catches feelings for no reason (cough). "You opened the door", yea for critique on my court. for genuine critiques. yes you did that. i asked you to elaborate, and you barfed out whatever piss your next few comments were as if i slapped your mother or something. how you even came to the conclusions you did without even having a single fact on your side but rather nothing more than your opinions and feelings says a lot about your intellectual capacity. i.e. you are the lowest common denominator.

and just for the record you didn't come here looking to "genuinely critique" anything. you came here bc i made an ass of you on the female referee post and you are looking to maybe say some unnecessary shit bc you're still mad about it....

just saying homie.
[Stove]

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:59 am

now back to you all letting me know if i should make changes on this or not. hit me with your stuff.
ya like it?
ya dont?
what would you change?
[Stove]

Postby bluejaybrandon on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:04 pm

[Stove] wrote:now back to you all letting me know if i should make changes on this or not. hit me with your stuff.
ya like it?
ya dont?
what would you change?

I honestly don't remember your critique at all. Apparently, you do but it's irrelevant. I don't like that court. I think it's bad. I gave my opinion, no need to snap. You have the vocabulary and diction of an angsty teen. I guess I didn't catch on to your clever 420 memes. Carry on.
bluejaybrandon

Postby [Stove] on Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:06 pm

bluejaybrandon wrote:
[Stove] wrote:now back to you all letting me know if i should make changes on this or not. hit me with your stuff.
ya like it?
ya dont?
what would you change?

I honestly don't remember your critique at all. Apparently, you do but it's irrelevant. I don't like that court. I think it's bad. I gave my opinion, no need to snap. You have the vocabulary and diction of an angsty teen. I guess I didn't catch on to your clever 420 memes. Carry on.

mmhhhmmm. k.
[Stove]

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Hi Stove,

I like it as is, good quality. It's not something I would use, but I think you would find yourself getting some downloads if you posted it here and uploaded it to the downloads section.

I think unique courts like this add variety to the game, and keep things interesting.

Good job.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:05 pm

This takes me back. Around the time of NBA Live 99 and NBA Live 2000, fictional uniforms and courts were very much in vogue, as much as current updates and fixes were.

I like what you've done with the lines and the key, as it's a stark difference from what the Knicks are doing. Obviously it's similar to what other teams have done, but it changes things up for the Knicks without being too gaudy.

I'm not sure about the orange and the blue together on the apron. It's not a bad look, but it might be a bit too much, at least for my tastes. Something about it doesn't look right when there's text on it, but that could just be me. The Big Apple logo is definitely a nice touch.

With that being said, if you're not sure what else to add, it might be time to put down the brush and release it. As it stands, I think it's a nice custom concept court.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:17 pm

I think the blue and orange would also work well together if it was a lighter blue, like what the 98-99 Knicks represented.

You could always try that. Either way, I think it's worth a release. I was just always a sucker for the re-branded Knicks of the late 90s.

"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Stove] on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:10 am

Dee4Three wrote:Hi Stove,

I like it as is, good quality. It's not something I would use, but I think you would find yourself getting some downloads if you posted it here and uploaded it to the downloads section.

I think unique courts like this add variety to the game, and keep things interesting.

Good job.

thank you for your input. i was looking to keep things interesting :mrgreen: .
[Stove]

Postby [Stove] on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:17 am

Andrew wrote:This takes me back. Around the time of NBA Live 99 and NBA Live 2000, fictional uniforms and courts were very much in vogue, as much as current updates and fixes were.

I like what you've done with the lines and the key, as it's a stark difference from what the Knicks are doing. Obviously it's similar to what other teams have done, but it changes things up for the Knicks without being too gaudy.

I'm not sure about the orange and the blue together on the apron. It's not a bad look, but it might be a bit too much, at least for my tastes. Something about it doesn't look right when there's text on it, but that could just be me. The Big Apple logo is definitely a nice touch.

With that being said, if you're not sure what else to add, it might be time to put down the brush and release it. As it stands, I think it's a nice custom concept court.

"I'm not sure about the orange and the blue together on the apron". Me either. i wanted to take it off but i have another black knicks package coming out that is all black murdered out (Gotham City Edition stuff). i tried it with just blue and it looked ok not great, but when i take it off im always like "but you got those gotham city ones coming" and then immediately put it back the way it was lol.

"The Big Apple logo is definitely a nice touch" yea i really like the big apple. imo it's better than the state of ny logo i had.

"if you're not sure what else to add, it might be time to put down the brush". yea honestly you're right maybe i release this now and come back later for a V3 sometime down the line. bc even when i made the v1 version of this i was like "ehhhh... idk bout this".

thank you for your input.
[Stove]

Postby [Stove] on Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:22 am

Dee4Three wrote:I think the blue and orange would also work well together if it was a lighter blue, like what the 98-99 Knicks represented.

You could always try that. Either way, I think it's worth a release. I was just always a sucker for the re-branded Knicks of the late 90s.

[ Image ]

yea those blue and oranges rocked. i personally didn't like the uniforms but the colors were great. i used the current colors for the city accessories so that it would match with everything else. i feel like lightening it would maybe throw off the scheme a little bit. but ill try and see how it comes out.

thank you for your input.
[Stove]

Postby megaGG on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:08 am

I like everything but the black apple and the white block new york knicks on the baseline. I think it kinda looks out of place and doesn't blend-in very well. Maybe the bright white color of it, idk.
megaGG

Postby [Stove] on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:22 am

megaGG wrote:I like everything but the black apple and the white block new york knicks on the baseline. I think it kinda looks out of place and doesn't blend-in very well. Maybe the bright white color of it, idk.

agreed.i just changed the apple to blue actually :) .

i think maybe the apron is throwing off the lettering. maybe i clip around it.
[Stove]

Postby abombesposito on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:53 pm

[Stove], Hey Stove do you have download links to the knicks courts? I think it looks pretty good.
abombesposito

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:19 pm

Unfortunately [Stove] is no longer part of this community. He requested that I delete his account last year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K20 Modding