How to convert NBA 2K20 Mods to NBA 2K21 Tutorial and tearing Jersey fix

Modding tutorials and other resources for NBA 2K21.

How to convert NBA 2K20 Mods to NBA 2K21 Tutorial and tearing Jersey fix

Postby tradtrad100 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:35 am

phpBB [video]

Here's a video tutorial I made from the help of some other videos and resources, it still isn't perfect but hopefully this is one more thing that someone can use to find the perfect conversion.
Last edited by tradtrad100 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K21 Modding by Andrew on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 pm.
tradtrad100

Re: How to convert NBA 2K20 Mods to NBA 2K21 Tutorial

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:46 am

Great job with the tutorial! The chest thickness info is a good workaround for the jersey tearing, I'll have to give that a try. I've been manually fixing it in Blender.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby tradtrad100 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:50 am

Dee4Three wrote:Great job with the tutorial! The chest thickness info is a good workaround for the jersey tearing, I'll have to give that a try. I've been manually fixing it in Blender.

Yeah the issue is that this morphs the body type and makes the players look top heavy, you can also modify the trapTHICK to help with the shoulder straps, as said by MeAndBettyWhite on youtube, but yeah it's better than nothing.
tradtrad100

Re: How to convert NBA 2K20 Mods to NBA 2K21 Tutorial and tearing Jersey fix

Postby davispacheco on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:22 am

Excellent, will this replace 2k hook by looyh?
could you do a tutorial on how to add headbands?
Thank you
davispacheco
Uhnd12jsxcvsdf

Postby cujomatty on Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:50 am

tradtrad100 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Great job with the tutorial! The chest thickness info is a good workaround for the jersey tearing, I'll have to give that a try. I've been manually fixing it in Blender.

Yeah the issue is that this morphs the body type and makes the players look top heavy, you can also modify the trapTHICK to help with the shoulder straps, as said by MeAndBettyWhite on youtube, but yeah it's better than nothing.

Great vid,
My alter ego is MeAndBettyWhite on youtube lol.

I made that video pretty quick and should have said more in the description but Im not great at tutorial vids.

Here is another tidbit or alternate way for the jersey clipping issue but it still may require minor adjustments.
Find another player with the same body type you want. Open appearance.rdat in notepad++ for both the player you want to change and the one with the body you want to use. Copy the contents of the appearance.rdat file from the one you want to use and paste it over the appearance.rdat of the one you want to change. So I'd copy everything after armpit hair down to before it says "has hair: true"
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby tradtrad100 on Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 am

davispacheco wrote:Excellent, will this replace 2k hook by looyh?
could you do a tutorial on how to add headbands?
Thank you

Hook is still needed to put the mod files in and make them work. This works with hook already in place, not replacing it.
As for headbands, all you have to do is set the cyberface id to 1, go to accessories, add a headband, and then change the cyberface id back to the number you want using cheat engine. The headband won't always appear but that's the way to do it.
tradtrad100

Postby MrArni on Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:08 pm

cujomatty wrote:Here is another tidbit or alternate way for the jersey clipping issue but it still may require minor adjustments.
Find another player with the same body type you want. Open appearance.rdat in notepad++ for both the player you want to change and the one with the body you want to use. Copy the contents of the appearance.rdat file from the one you want to use and paste it over the appearance.rdat of the one you want to change. So I'd copy everything after armpit hair down to before it says "has hair: true"

It doesn't helps.
MrArni

Postby cujomatty on Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:57 am

MrArni wrote:
cujomatty wrote:Here is another tidbit or alternate way for the jersey clipping issue but it still may require minor adjustments.

It doesn't helps.

Hmmmm really? I did that for a couple and it worked for me. I dunno I find it easier to adjust the chest thick/thin way anyways. Not a fan of trying to sort thru player models looking for comparable body shapes then expirting that .iff. too much work. Lol
Raptors Basketball-Proudly Canadian
cujomatty

Postby Thunder Shaq on Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:44 am

Is there a solution to the ugly bloating and clipping we get in the shoulder region?

Thunder Shaq

Postby tradtrad100 on Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 am

Thunder Shaq wrote:Is there a solution to the ugly bloating and clipping we get in the shoulder region?

[ Image ]

No simple fix, either you install a jersey mod that fixes all the clipping/artifacts, or someone would have to go into a model maker like blender and fix it, sorry :cry:
tradtrad100

Postby wikisaiyan on Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:03 am

Need help trying to convert this Tatum CF from 2K20 to 2k21 :

viewtopic.php?f=258&t=109798

The cyberface player model has the usual jersey tearing issue.

When I try to open the PNG file and edit it in Notepadd++ it looks all gibberish :
https://imgur.com/RgO84bh
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/RgO84bh" data-context="false" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/RgO84bh"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
wikisaiyan

Postby bikerjimuk on Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:55 am

You need to open the png####.iff with winrar or similar and then edit the appearance_info.RDAT in notepad++ or similar. Then edit the chestTHIN line
bikerjimuk

Return to NBA 2K21 Tutorials & FAQs