'98 Bulls Starting Lineup Introductions in NBA Live 06 (Xbox 360)

Talk about NBA Live 06 here.

'98 Bulls Starting Lineup Introductions in NBA Live 06 (Xbox 360)

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:32 am

We were mostly about the PC version of NBA Live 06 back in the day, and for good reason; it's one of the last great all-around releases in the series. However, the Xbox 360 version has been my retro basketball gaming kick as of late, and it's been fun to mess around with it. Dee4Three and I talked about it in Episode #363 of the NLSC Podcast, and I'll have a follow-up article to my 25th Anniversary of NBA Live retrospective on the game, because for all its faults, the 360 version actually holds up better than I previously thought.

Just for fun, here's the 1998 Chicago Bulls starting lineup, re-created to the best of my abilities with the game's Create-a-Player.

phpBB [video]

As you can see, they're far from perfect. The face sculpting options aren't bad, but it's still tough to get created players to look human, let alone like specific people! You kind of get the idea though, and they work from a distance during gameplay.

Anyway, like I said, it's been fun to mess around with the game, especially because I didn't spend nearly as much time with it as I did the PC version all those years ago. No regrets about all those hours on PC of course, but the 360 version has been enjoyable to dust off for a while, and I figured I'd share some of that fun with anyone still lurking in this section of the Forum.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: '98 Bulls Starting Lineup Introductions in NBA Live 06 (Xbox 360)

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:40 pm

A follow-up retrospective of NBA Live 06 on Xbox 360 in this week's Wayback Wednesday: https://www.nba-live.com/ww-nba-live-06 ... revisited/
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 06