TrueAchievements has posted a complete list of achievements for NBA 2K16, which in turn has revealed some interesting new tidbits about this year’s game that have yet to be announced. Here’s a quick list of some of the most noteworthy items:
- Following on from 2K’s post on social media, the Summer League will be available in MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
- A mode called Play Now Online will involve call-ups, and a feature titled “Greatest of All-Time”.
- During MyCAREER, you will be able to pick a college and announce your decision. Presumably there’ll be no college basketball gameplay owing to the lack of an NCAA license, but more details are obviously yet to come.
- A character named “Vic” will feature heavily in the story for MyCAREER. Apparently, the MyPLAYER character will also be put in a position where they have to admit “uncomfortable truths”.
- Teams can be relocated in MyGM and MyLEAGUE
- Three team trades have been added to MyGM and MyLEAGUE.
- MyTEAM includes an unlockable mode/feature called Historic Domination. It will also feature The Gauntlet (presumably a new challenge mode), collectible “runes”, and solvable codes.
NBA 2K16 is now available to order digitally on Steam, the PlayStation Network, and Xbox Live. In addition to the pre-order bonuses for this year’s game, pre-ordering NBA 2K16 will also net you 35,000 VC to use in NBA 2K15 (assuming you have it). Interestingly, it now appears that the Special Edition featuring Michael Jordan is also available for PC users, too.
As always, feel free to add your thoughts in the comments section below, and join in the discussion in the NBA 2K16 section of the NLSC Forum. Thanks to keeks and jmmontoro for the heads up!