Patch 1.08 (also known as Patch #8) for NBA 2K19 has been released. It’s currently available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, with the PC and Nintendo Switch updates coming soon. The patch will come through automatically as long as you have an active Internet connection; if it doesn’t, try checking for it manually, or restarting your console.
Several fixes have been implemented in Patch 1.08. These include court updates now appearing in existing MyCAREER/MyLEAGUE/MyGM save files, the ability to properly edit lineups on the loading screen, incorrect animations being triggered in certain situations, and a hang that resulted from a custom rule in MyLEAGUE/MyGM. Gameplay has also been tweaked with fewer ball collisions with legs and feet (the infamous body steals), improved logic and passes out of drives by CPU players, and more variety in CPU playcalling. A few player likenesses have also been updated.
Please see below for the full patch notes. You can also find them here in the NBA 2K19 update history in our Wiki. Feel free to share your impressions in the comments below, as well as in this topic in the NBA 2K19 section of the NLSC Forum. I’ll update this bulletin when the PC patch comes through.
NBA 2K19 Patch 1.08 Notes
- Updated court floors will now automatically appear in MyCAREER/MyLEAGUE/MyGM save files. Existing save files we be able to enjoy the updates made year-to-date as well.
- Users can once again properly edit their lineups on the loading screen when loading into a game.
- Hair and Likeness updates for: Derrick Rose, Michael Beasley, Zach Lavine, Rodney McGruder, Willie Cauley-Stein, and Richaun Holmes.
- Removed heavy pushing/shoving from Neighborhood games.
- Reduced ball collisions with lower legs and feet.
- Fixed an issue that would cause players to sometimes play running off-ball collision sequences when they were standing still.
- Fixed an issue that allowed on-ball defenders to occasionally pop to a stand while lying on the floor when colliding with the ball handler.
- Added more variation to AI offensive play calling.
- Improved the logic and usage of passes out of drives for CPU-controlled players.
- Fixed a case where the megaphone would not function as expected on occasion when equipped.
- The PG position is once again visible within the System Proficiency menu.
- Addressed a hang that would occur when completing the Road To The #1 Pick Playoff Tournament (aka the lottery tournament) when the league had exactly 31 or 35 teams in the league. Existing saves that were stuck will now be able to continue forward.
Many other small bug fixes and adjustments were also made, game-wide.
NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.