We have our first insight of the preview season, courtesy of the newly posted NBA 2K20 MyGM blog! As in previous years, it’s a deep dive developer blog describing the new features and enhancements that we can expect to see, beginning with this year’s franchise modes.
I encourage you to read the blog in its entirety, but an overview of the key points is as follows:
- NBA 2K20 is introducing MyGM 2.0. The mode, which has been revamped to be more accessible, includes additions such as Action Points, score and leaderboards, new Skills Tree and levelling structure, new tasks, and sponsorships and branding.
- Action Points will determine which tasks you can perform each day, encouraging efficient use of your time and team-building strategies. How you perform in the GM’s seat will rank on the new score and leaderboards. These features are affected by the difficulty level you choose.
- Each save begins at Level 1, and will end up at around Level 20. The new Skill Tree begins with the general style of management that you choose, and branches in five directions: Leadership, Diplomacy, Insight, Finance, and Facilities. Each provides a different path to the ultimate goal of winning a championship, and you can respec once a month.
- Relationships, goals, and tasks have all been revamped. Requests will now come from players and other executives, and it’s not always in your best interests to fulfil all of them.
- Morale and Team Chemistry has also been enhanced in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. Other additions and improvements include Staff Cards, new Personality Badges for max players, more functionality in Player DNA, extra details in History and Records screens, quick scroll options, improved Draft Class authenticity, and even the ability to force winners when simulating.
Be sure to check out the NBA 2K20 MyGM blog for the full scoop! Got any thoughts? Feel free to share them in the comments section below, and join in the discussion here in the NLSC Forum!