The latest developer blog provides in-depth insights into what to expect from MyTEAM in NBA 2K20. A trailer has also dropped, providing a concise overview of this year’s mode. The blog is particularly lengthy and I recommend checking it out in full, but here is a brief summary:
- Evolution cards are upgradeable by accomplishing single game and career tasks. A free and permanent Evolution card will be granted upon firing up the mode for the first time.
- Single player Triple Threat has been re-designed, with randomly determined opponents. There is also a new prizing mechanic in the form of a slot machine.
- There are bonuses for logging in daily, and special prizes for logging into MyTEAM every day of the week. Prizes include Tokens, MT, packs, and more. There’s also a prize wheel that can be accessed via Locker Codes, as well as the weekly grand prize for logging in every day.
- Today in MyTEAM features special events and challenges. Limited Time Events are available during the peak playing hours in each region, while The Agenda is similar to the daily bonus tasks in last year’s mode, only much deeper and with custom objectives. There will also be different boards for the Ball Drop this year.
- A Community Hub will allow interaction with the developers, provide tips and tricks, and so on.
- Players can only be slotted in at their primary or secondary positions, preventing cheesy lineups.
- The PRIME Collection is the top collection of premium cards. Throwbacks have been replaced by the Spotlight Collection. The Legacy Showcase series will spotlight Legends who deserve more attention.
- Domination has been re-designed with Star levels depending on the difficulty you choose, and Heat Check cards have been tweaked. Online matchmaking has been improved along with server stability, and the Auction House will be accessible much sooner.
- Players will still have contracts, as evident in the trailer.
Check out the trailer below, or catch it here on YouTube. What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K20 MyTEAM developer blog and trailer? Have your say in the comments section below, and join in the discussion here in the NLSC Forum!