As you may have seen, Patch 1.6 has come through for NBA 2K22 Next Gen. The patch should begin downloading automatically as long as your PlayStation 5 or Xbox Series X/S is online. If it doesn’t come through, try restarting your console or checking for updates manually.
Patch 1.6 includes 39 likeness updates for both current and historical NBA and WNBA players. It also resolves some issues in MyCAREER quests, and a rare disconnect that was occurring in The W Online. A few problems in MyTEAM have also been addressed, and injuries have been disabled in Draft games.
The update originally caused some corruption issues with user data and saves, which 2K has ascribed to temporary server problems. It appears as though the issue has since been resolved for some people, but if you are still encountering difficulties, you may want to open a ticket with 2K Support.
You can find the full notes for Patch 1.6 below, as well as in our NBA 2K22 Next Gen update history. Feel free to add your thoughts and impressions in the comments, as well as join in the discussion here in the NLSC Forum.
NBA 2K22 Patch 1.6 Notes
- Continued stability and performance improvements have been to enhance the overall experience.
- Resolved an issue with some Kendrick Perkins videos being unavailable to view, preventing the related quests from being completed.
- Addressed an issue with The Game music quest line that could prevent it from being completed.
- Fixed an issue with certain dev coach quests in the NBA not starting, and related stats not being tracked correctly.
- Quests related to personal brand levels will now track properly before reaching the NBA.
- Made improvements to the draft stock system in MyCAREER to better reflect your status.
- Resolved a hang that could occur when changing badge loadout during shootarounds in the City.
- Addressed an issue where some players would briefly appear invisible when riding vehicles in the City.
- Fixed a reported issue with invites after finishing a Pro-Am game as a squad.
- Various improvements to user interface elements in all modes to enhance the overall experience.
- Resolved a rare disconnect issue in Play With Friends W Online games.
The following players and coaches have received new scans and/or general likeness updates (as noted):
- Jalen Suggs (new scan)
- Evan Mobley (new scan)
- Josh Giddey (new scan)
- Jonathan Kuminga (new scan)
- Franz Wagner (new scan)
- Davion Mitchell (new scan)
- James Bouknight (new scan)
- Moses Moody (new scan)
- Cameron Thomas (new scan)
- Sabrina Ionescu (new scan)
- Lexie Brown (new scan)
- Emma Cannon (new scan)
- Kahleah Copper (new scan)
- Arella Guirantes (new scan)
- Ruthy Hebard (new scan)
- Teaira McCowan (new scan)
- Astou Ndour (new scan)
- Aaliyah Wilson (new scan)
- LeBron James
- Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Paul George
- Evan Fournier
- John Collins
- Stephen Curry
- Larry Drew
- Joe Harris
- Richaun Holmes
- Rodney Hood
- Lauren Jackson
- Steve Kerr
- Pete Maravich
- Kenyon Martin
- Jabari Parker
- Noelle Quinn
- Bryant Reeves
- Sheryl Swoopes
- Anderson Varejao
- Derrick White
- Cody Zeller
- Injuries have been disabled in MyTEAM Draft games.
- Applied shoes and badges should now be working correctly in Domination and Challenge games.
- Addressed a hang that could occur when calling a play in Triple Threat games.
- Players are no longer forced to use layup timing in MyTEAM Draft games.