It’s been a while, but NBA Playgrounds has received a new patch, as well as some paid downloadable content. Both are currently available for the PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One versions of the game. If the patch does not download automatically, try restarting your Steam client or console. At this time, Saber Interactive are still working on getting all of the latest updates to Nintendo Switch users.
As well as making a few fixes, Patch 1.4 adds a total of 45 new players to the NBA Playgrounds roster, with the selection including both current and former players. Additionally, 15 more players are now playable on a second team, though as before, those cards must be collected separately. Five more YouTubers also join the Playgrounders squad, and support for voice chat has been added. Please see below for the full player listings and patch notes.
The new paid DLC, titled “Hot N’ Frosty”, is available for $9.99 USD across all platforms. It adds eight Class of 2017 rookies to packs, three new basketballs, and three new playgrounds with their own tournaments: Toronto, Miami, and Rio de Janeiro. See below for more details, as well as a trailer.
While it’s great to see NBA Playgrounds receive more content, it’s also disheartening to see that the new tournaments are being offered as paid DLC. The offline experience has been lacking in depth since launch, forcing gamers to attempt a tedious grind to unlock players once they’ve completed all the tournaments. With that in mind, Saber previously released roster unlock DLC to a mixed reaction from NBA Playgrounds gamers.
As always, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below. If you’re looking to join in the discussion about NBA Playgrounds in the NLSC Forum, you’ll find the official topic here under the Other Basketball Games board.
NBA Playgrounds Patch 1.4 Notes
- Added: 45 new players join the roster:
- The following players were added: Boris Diaw, Dennis Schroder, Artis Gilmore, Bob Lanier, Bobby Jones, Cliff Hagan, Dave Cowens, Dave DeBusschere, Dennis Johnson, Hal Greer, Sam Jones, Sidney Moncrief, Tom Heinsohn, Evan Fournier, Cody Zeller, Wesley Matthews, Kent Bazemore, Ryan Anderson, Amir Johnson, Rodney Hood, Clint Capela, Tobias Harris, Avery Bradley, Thaddeus Young, Marvin Williams, Al-Farouq Aminu, Tim Frazier, Marcin Gortat, Jae Crowder, Sean Kilpatrick, Malcolm Brogdon, Pascal Siakam, Isaiah Whitehead, Andrew Harrison, Willy Hernangomez, Rick Fox, Danny Manning, Cedric Ceballos, Bill Cartwright, Doug Collins, Derrick Coleman, Sam Cassell, Phil Jackson, Jalen Rose and Jamal Mashburn.
- The following 15 players can now be played on a second team, in which they played during their career: Jerry Lucas (Cincinnati Royals), Chris Webber (Sacramento Kings), Detlef Schrempf (Seattle Super Sonics), Mugsy Bogues (Washington Bullets), Dikembe Mutombo (Atlanta Hawks), Elvin Hayes (Houston Rockets), Joe Johnson (Atlanta Hawks), Tracy McGrady (Houston Rockets), Larry Johnson (New York Knicks), Larry Nance (Phoenix Suns), Oscar Robertson (Cincinnati Royals), Pete Maravich (Atlanta Hawks), Robert Pa rish (Boston Celtics), Steve Nash (Dallas Mavericks) and Tiny Archibald (Boston Celtics).
- The following 5 Playgrounders join the Playgrounders team: TmarTn2, MaxBlack, Nickthebullsfan, Goodgamebro and KYR SP33DY.
- Added: Voice Chat support added.
- Fixed: Tournament matches giving less experience than they should both the first time they are completed and when they are replayed (first time gives more).
- Fixed: Various localization issues.
- Fixed: Some uniforms had inconsistencies.
- Fixed: Rare cases where the user wasn’t able to send the invitation via invitation system.
- Fixed: Voice chat not working in “Versus Friend” mode.
NBA Playgrounds Hot N’ Frosty DLC Features
- Added: 8 new rookies will appear in the packs with the Hot ‘N Frosty DLC.
- The following rookies were added: Markelle Fultz, Jayson Tatum, Lonzo Ball, Josh Jackson, De’Aaron Fox, Dennis Smith Jr., Jonathan Isaac and Malik Monk.
- Added: 3 new Tournaments: Toronto, Miami, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Added: 3 new Playgrounds: Toronto, Miami, and Rio de Janeiro.
- Added: 3 new ball appearances.