Adding a Custom Team
This tutorial was originally posted by David and BAYAG in the NLSC Forum.
This tutorial was written for NBA Live 07 but can be used with the following games:
Let's say you want to create the 1987 Lakers:
- Open up the Teams.dbf in one of your saved rosters.
- Copy the whole line with the Lakers (team number 12)
- Create a new entry and paste the line you copied.
- Change the following values to these numbers
- Cityname ('87 Los Angeles)
- Teamnum 51 (since the last team in the dbf file is team number 50)
- Teamcode 13
- Seed 0
- Conference 2
- Division 6
This will make your team a custom team which you can only use in Play Now.
Adding players to your team
Let's add Magic Johnson to our team.
- Open the players.dbf
- Copy the line with Magic Johnson's player id (playerid 740)
- Create a new entry and paste the line you copied
- Open the appearance.dbf and search for appearid 740 and copy it.
- Add a new record and paste Magic's APPEARID.
- Change the APPEARID to 2383.
- Go back to players.dbf and change his playerid to the same number (2383)
- Keep creating players until you have at least 5 or the game will crash.
Adding the coach
- Open the Coaches.dbf
- Copy the line with Pat Riley add a new record then paste his info.
- Do not change his coachid...the coachid corresponds with his speech files.
- Go to the line that says team..and change it to our team number (which is 51)
Adding the jerseys
- Open up the teamgear.dbf and find the jersey files.
- For this tutorial i'm just going to use the default home /away jerseys instead of the retro 87 ones.
- Copy the home and away jerseys and add them to the dbf
- Change the id numbers 381 for Home and 382 for away
- Under jerseytype make sure it's set a 0 for home and 1 for away
That's pretty much it for creating a custom team.