NBA 2K21 Official Patches
This is a list of official patches (also referred to as title updates) that have been released for NBA 2K21 Current Gen (PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One), along with their release notes. The most recent patch is 1.08. The patch notes for Next Gen can be found here.
- 1 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.08
- 2 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.07
- 3 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.06
- 4 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.05
- 5 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.04
- 6 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.03
- 7 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.02
- 8 NBA 2K21 Patch 1.01
- 9 Links
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.08
- PC: February 11th, 2021
- PlayStation 4: February 11th, 2021
- Xbox One: February 11th, 2021
- Come celebrate the Lunar New Year at 2K Beach with new seasonal decorations.
- Updated another set of player likeness for current NBA players.
- Updated soundtrack in 2K Beats.
- Disabled controller rumble for online play.
- The traveling Big Top has arrived at 2K Beach. Keep your eyes out in the coming weeks.
- Addressed a rare hang that could occur when starting a multiplayer match with a specific type of lineup
- Various other stability and performance issues have been addressed to further improve the overall experience
- Various non-gameplay updates in preparation for the MyTEAM Unlimited $250,000 Tournament on February 20th*. Watch games live with 2KStreamcast during the Tournament!
* Excluding PC, Nintendo Switch and Google Stadia
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.07
- PC: January 11th, 2021
- PlayStation 4: January 4th, 2021
- Xbox One: January 4th, 2021
Unofficial Patch Notes
- New player likenesses:
- Bradley Beal
- Ben Simmons
- Richaun Holmes
- Draymond Green
- Alex Smaigalic
- Kemba Walker
- DeMar DeRozan
- Paul George
- Hassan Whiteside
- Markieff Morris
- Court updates for the following teams:
- Atlanta Hawks
- Portland Trail Blazers
- Dallas Mavericks
- Charlotte Hornets
- Toronto Raptors
- Phoenix Suns
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Oklahoma City Thunder
- City Edition courts added for Miami and Charlotte
- New Year's decorations added to The Neighborhood
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.06
- PC: December 1st, 2020
- PlayStation 4: December 1st, 2020
- Xbox One: December 1st, 2020
- Winter holiday has arrived at 2K Beach with new seasonal decorations and themed courts now available.
- MyCOURT’s Limitless free throw drill is now set to use the 2K camera setting.
- Added Online VS, the difficulty used in MyTEAM Unlimited & Limited, to Play With Friends games.
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.05
- PC: November 6th, 2020
- PlayStation 4: November 5th, 2020
- Xbox One: November 5th, 2020
- Fall has come to 2K Beach! Beachgoers will now find Fall themed decorations throughout the Neighborhood!
- We strive for continuous improvements to player likeness and this update brings another set of player likeness and tattoo improvements for nearly 80 current NBA players, WNBA players, and historic NBA players.
- New team Statement uniforms for the ‘20-21 NBA season.
- New Ball Arena court floor for the Denver Nuggets.
- The traveling Big Top event is on its way to 2K Beach! Keep your eyes out for this and some other new tent events in the coming weeks and months!
- Fixed an art issue that was affecting the basketball machines in Jeff’s Arcade.
- Fixed an issue where the Roster Viewer screen in some cases could falsely display F grade rating for attributes.
- Fixed a rare hang that would sometimes happen after certain drills in the Team Practice Facility.
- Fixed an issue in MyCOURT where the player could lose functionality while standing in some specific spots in the living room area.
- Fixed an issue preventing Limited stickers from appearing on cards in the Auction House while Limited is active.
- Limited Time Events will now display a date for events that last multiple days.
- Addressed an issue where the shot clock would not appear on the scorebug during Triple Threat Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where custom badges were not showing up in Triple Threat offline or Triple Threat Challenges.
- The Season Menu will now take you directly to your Season Agendas, unless you’ve leveled up!
- Addressed an issue with some members of the crowd jittering during Triple Threat games.
- All of the end of season awards have been updated now with the ’19-20 NBA season and Playoffs having completed.
- Fixed an issue where the left stick and D-pad could lose functionality when viewing badges in the player card screens.
Many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K21 across all game modes.
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.04
- PC: October 8th, 2020
- PlayStation 4: October 7th, 2020
- Xbox One: October 7th, 2020
- Halloween has come to 2K Beach! Beachgoers will now find Halloween themed decorations throughout the Neighborhood.
- Player likenesses have been improved for more than 60 NBA and WNBA players.
- Welcome to the NBA Finals! Heat vs. Lakers is now the default Quick Play matchup.
- Preparations for new 2K Beach Events coming later in October and November. Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks!
- Adjustments to make set screen movement more realistic.
- Fixed content holes that led to inconsistent side step pull-up jump shots.
- Changes to Shot Aiming system to prevent modded controller abuse.
- Park dribble moves (still performed with L3) now require Hall of Fame Tight Handles badge to use. Also disabled park dribble moves when calling for screens to prevent conflict with switch screen side function.
- Fixed some issues where MyPLAYER doesn’t win over new fans after certain in-game achievements.
- Fixed a hang that could have happened when exiting MyCOURT after playing a 2v2 or 3v3 game in MyCOURT.
- Preparations for the first $250K MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament GameDay!
- Preparations for the second Season of MyTEAM!
- General improvements to The Exchange.
- Added warning when skipping silver or gold Badge Upgrades for Hall of Fame Badges.
- Addressed an issue when player cards appeared on Ball Drop boards
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect logo may appear from downloading other user’s save via the new Save Sharing feature.
- Fixed a hang that was occurring in Play WNBA or NBA Today after being in WNBA Season mode.
Many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K21 across all game modes.
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.03
- PC: September 28th, 2020 (also includes fixes from Patch 1.02)
- PlayStation 4: September 28th, 2020
- Xbox One: September 28th, 2020
- Fixed an issue that would lead to players getting removed from online matches when greening shots due to divergent settings.
- Improved audio logic for PA announcer, crowd, halftime and studio show, sideline reporting, and special guest commentators.
- Player likeness improvements for Damian Lillard.
- Improved art, lighting, and text readability for various menus throughout the game.
- Fixed a rare hang that could have happened upon joining the 2K Beach Neighborhood from a friend invite in the Squad app.
- Fixed a minor graphical issue when the Tall Scrunch Socks and the Compression Pants were used together.
- Fixed an issue that was causing existing tattoos to disappear when applying new tattoos in the Neighborhood.
- Fixed a hang that would happen occasionally when using the Nav Menu in the Neighborhood while also using the Playa Del 2K (MyCOURT) menu.
- Fixed a display issue in the Boost Stand where the price would sometimes be displayed incorrectly.
- For Neighborhood Park/Rec/Pro Am games, the Ball Handle requirement to unlock Pro Dribble Moves has been lowered to 80.
- Moved Park dribble moves to L3 (left stick click) for more consistent dribbling controls.
- Improved frame rate performance for the Switch version of the game.
- Fixed a PC-only issue where the user might get stuck on the Pro Stick Aiming selector screen at the main menu.
- Increased the size of the shot meter, based on feedback from the community.
- Reduced first step acceleration (aka "speedboost") out of certain dribble moves.
- Lowered the effectiveness of pull-up jump shots.
- Fixed an issue that was causing CPU big men defenders to get matched up against guards.
- Added the ability for more moves to yield ankle breakers and defensive reactions.
- Improved responsiveness of shots coming from certain post moves.
- Excellent Release jumper animations now play with green center-aimed shots on the Pro Stick.
- Fixed a Pro Stick shooting exploit that allowed for easy aiming when holding the Pro Stick prior to receiving a catch.
- General improvements to defensive movement, including more responsive shifts, cuts, and stops.
- Optimized performance, camera angles, and other visual elements for scenes in The Long Shadow.
- Fixed an issue where if a player skipped the story in-between high school games, their injury carried over to the NBA.
- General stability improvements in college games.
- Fixed an issue where the Takeover meter may fail to increase in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where halftime would sometimes not trigger during MyPLAYER Builder games.
- Fixed an issue where coach wouldn’t put you in the game during overtime games in high school.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the Game Recap Totals screen to not display properly following MyCAREER NBA games.
- Fixed a hang that could happen when a jump ball was triggered in MyCOURT’s new Personal Workout drill.
- Fixed a hang that could happen for PC users when using the mouse to customize the Gatorade GX Bottle.
- Adjusted Single Player Triple Threat and Triple Threat Online difficulties, based on community feedback.
- Added a new page to the back of Player Cards that lists the Upgradable Badges for that player.
- Fixed a hang that could happen during the lineup matchups overlay from the Domination menu.
- Fixed an Xbox One only issue that allowed the game clock to continue counting down while inbounding the ball.
- Improved physics for Ball Drops.
MyLEAGUE / MyGM
- New NBA Playoffs Mode bracket, matching the start of the current Playoffs.
- Fixed an issue when overlays appeared with the incorrect year in WNBA Playoff mode.
- Many more fixes included to improve the overall experience of NBA 2K21 across all game modes.
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.02
- PC: September 28th, 2020 (as a combined update with Patch 1.03)
- PlayStation 4: September 14th, 2020
- Xbox One: September 14th, 2020
- New Pro Stick Aiming/Shot Timing selector. On your first boot, you will now have the option to choose between using the new Pro Stick Aiming mechanic or the traditional Shot Timing mechanic. Your settings file will be updated with the appropriate selection. As always, you can visit your settings at any time to update your shooting preference.
- Fixed several hangs that could happen when entering and exiting various game modes during the same session, or when idling out at certain areas.
- Andrew Wiggins now appears with updated facial hair to more accurately represent his appearance.
- Enabled the ability to use Pro Stick Shot Aiming with the Shot Meter setting turned off.
- Ideal Shot Aiming point now determined by how slowly or quickly the Pro Stick is initially deflected when starting a shot. A slow flick will move the ideal aim point to the left, while a fast flick will move the ideal point to the right, giving players more consistency with Pro Stick shooting.
- Changed Ante Up to use competitive slider settings (more skill-based).
- When the Shot Feedback setting is set to "OFF," players and opponents will no longer see Excellent Release (green light) animations.
- Fixed unwanted fadeaway shots that were playing after immediately shooting out of certain dribble moves.
- Improved standing dunk reliability when using the Pro Stick.
- Disabled the double team indicator in an effort to clean up the on-screen UI based on community feedback.
- Added the ability to shoot driving floaters from further away from the basket.
- Moving Park dribble moves were remapped to "holds" on the Pro Stick, allowing continued use of Hard Stops with L2/LT after unlocking the Park Handles badge.
- Cleaned up some animation pops in the dribble move system.
- Fixed ball physics bugs when Shot Timing was set to Real Player %.
- Toned down the effectiveness of the Lead to Basket pass feature to prevent exploits.
- Fixed a Pro Am 3v3 hang that was being reported by the community.
- Fixed a hang that some users reported when entering/exiting the Cages.
- Addressed a case where some users reported loss of control of their MyPLAYER during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue in MyCOURT where the player was unable to finish some mini-games with certain NBA players as AI.
- Fixed a hang that could happen at the start of a 3-on-3 game in MyCOURT.
- Fixed an issue where fan growth in Park games was not properly accumulating.
- Addressed an issue where custom shoes were sometimes not showing up properly on other players in the Beach.
- Fixed a hang that some users reported when transitioning between Beach instances.
- Users will now receive the correct scene after winning the College Championship.
- Fixed a hang that would occur if the user was tracking an expired Agenda.
- Fixed an issue where the progress bar would fail to show progress on the Agenda Tracker.
- Fixed user interface issues when applying and upgrading badges to player cards.
- 2K Share Content (Draft Classes/Players/Rosters) should now properly function when accessed.
- Tuning improvements to Player Progression, based on community feedback. With our new “Boom or Bust” system, player progression/regression has been completely re-written for 2K21 to provide a level of dynamism such that players will follow different career arcs in different playthroughs.
- Addressed a MyLEAGUE item where the user would hang when selecting the Save As option after previously accessing the shared save list.
NBA 2K21 Patch 1.01
- PC: September 4th, 2020
- PlayStation 4: September 4th, 2020
- Xbox One: September 4th, 2020
- Day One Patch
- Improved the stability of the title in addition to a number of general improvements to the user experience.