NBA Live 2003 Toolkit
The NBA Live 2003 Toolkit is a tool created by Jonathan Au, based on earlier Toolkits by Tim Tschirner and Brien Smith. It is a Microsoft Access module which allows users to easily edit values in NBA Live 2003's DBF files. As with the NBA Live 2001 Toolkit, two versions of the NBA Live 2001 Toolkit were made available to accommodate both Access 97 and Access 2000 users. The Toolkit offers traditional roster editing functions for the selected roster files, eliminating the need to edit the raw data using database software such as DB Commander. The final version released is v0.01.
A version for Access 2003 was also created by Marc Andrews.
- Edit player data including ratings, bio data, stats and other attributes
- Edit team data including names, locations, stats and other attributes
- Trade players and reorder rosters
- Edit All-Star rosters
- Edit player career stats
- Import Statistics for players and teams
- The Toolkit requires Microsoft Access 97; it cannot be used with later versions of Access
The Toolkit was widely used following the release of NBA Live 2003 in the creation of roster patches. With the series' continued use of DBF files, it was a preferable option to editing the values with DB Commander, often a confusing task for novices.