NBA Live 95
NBA Live 95 (also known as NBA 95 and Live 95) is the first game in the NBA Live series, released in North America on April 6th, 1994 with a PC version being released in March 1995. A shot from the 1994 NBA Finals featuring Robert Horry (then of the Houston Rockets) and John Starks appeared on the NBA Live 95 cover. It was followed by NBA Live 96.
Official Features List
Season Play & Stats
- All 27 '94-'95 NBA teams plus 2 NBA All-Star and 4 custom teams.
- '94-'95 NBA schedule. Play a full or reduced season and playoffs.
- GM feature allows you to trade any player in the league.
- Accurate team, player and user stats accumulated throughout season play.
- Save all team, player & user statistics.
- Control all the dunks, blocks, mid-air passes, even alley-oops.
- Passing on the run ands turbo features equal real fast breaks.
- 46 Offensive plays & 4 Defensive sets.
- Set the match-ups on D.
- Multiple play settings.
- 1-4 players.
- 30 degree and wide angle court perspectives.
- High resolution player portraits.
- Full motion video and hip original music.
- Digital quality sound effects and speech.
- Instant replay.
- The console versions of the game featured 1993/1994 rosters and limited roster management functions. Only players in the starting lineup could be traded and the lineup could not be altered. Additionally, there was no Create-a-Player function or a Free Agent pool. The PC release featured updated rosters accurate as of the 1995 season's trade deadline and the rookie class of 1994.
- NBA Live 95 was the first EA basketball game to feature every NBA team complete with a roster of 12 players.
- Due to licensing issues, Charles Barkley and David Robinson did not appear in the game.