This is an episode guide for the NLSC Podcast, featuring all episodes released during 2019.
|| Release Date
||Andrew, Arcane, & Kenny
- Patches 1.16 and 1.17 came through for NBA Live 19 after we went on break. We give our thoughts on the latest content, gameplay tuning, and other adjustments and fixes.
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 also received a title update in time for Christmas. Patch 1.04 added new players and other content, but is it enough to get us hooked on the game?
- Visual Concepts are advertising a temporary position for a production assistant. The role will be focused on MyCAREER, which leads us to speculate on the mode in NBA 2K20.
- Controversy erupted on Christmas Day when a Locker Code for a Pink Diamond LeBron James card in MyTEAM was leaked, and the card later removed. We discuss 2K's handling of the situation, and the subsequent show of goodwill.
- Vlad delivered the NBA 2K modding community a Christmas present in the form of new versions of RED MC and REDitor II. The comprehensive tools are now completely free!
- Arcane floats an idea for a community project that should appeal to anyone with aspirations of developing their own basketball video game.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming - or rather, Our Holidays in Basketball Gaming - included milestones in MyCAREER, good pulls in MyTEAM, and a suspected troll in the Jordan Rec Center. Also, the NLSC squad finally got to play team Pro-Am, but ran into disappointment that went beyond the scoreline.
|January 6th, 2019
||Andrew & Arcane
- NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19 continue to receive content updates, including new rosters, player items, and challenges. We discuss the games' efforts to remain fresh and evergreen.
- We've officially tipped off Wishlist season for NBA Live 20 and NBA 2K20! Once again, we stress the importance of constructive feedback, and having our say.
- What are our top wishes for NBA Live 20? What are the most important areas to focus on if the game is to take the next step?
- Likewise, what are our top wishes for NBA 2K20? NBA 2K is the brand leader, but how can it continue to get better?
- If you could ask the executive producers of NBA Live and NBA 2K any three questions, what would they be? We'll list ours on next week's NLSC Podcast, but first we want to hear from our listeners!
|January 13th, 2019
||Andrew & Arcane
- Take Two has renewed their licensing agreement with the NBA for $1.1 billion over seven years. What impact might the new figure have on the future of basketball gaming?
- A recent survey regarding favourite modes over on the official NBA Live Reddit omitted Franchise and Ultimate Team. It isn't encouraging, but it strengthens our resolve to have an impact with our Wishlists.
- The NBA 2K17 server shutdown has had an unexpected result: MyLEAGUE games that used community-made assets for expansion teams have now been locked. We discuss the problems with online content in offline modes, especially when it comes to dusting off old favourites.
- Turning our attention to some NBA news, there are some interesting results in the latest All-Star voting returns. Are sentimental votes a bad thing, and are we looking forward to this year's midseason classic?
|January 20th, 2019
- A content update has come through for NBA Live 19, featuring current rosters and new items in The One Store. Although the updates are welcome, there is growing unrest within the community, who generally want to see more focus on NBA content.
- Our modding community continues to pump out some excellent work. It's difficult not to get inspired to contribute, and to that end, a few projects are still in the works.
- Cleanprincegaming posted an excellent retrospective on the rise and fall of the NBA Street series. It highlights an unfortunate shift in EA Sports' business model, and a lack of creativity in the current market.
- Has 2K ruined Team Pro-Am? Despite the launch of the NBA 2K League, the changes to Pro-Am in recent games seem counterproductive to generating interest in it, or the mode in general.
- Episode #272 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with some recent stories from the virtual hardwood, including a frustrating bug in the NBA Finals in NBA 2K19's MyCAREER.
|January 27th, 2019
||Andrew & Arcane
- The latest patch for NBA Live 19 has added several new courts to 3v3 LIVE Run. While we're still hoping to see more attention paid to other modes in the future, they're definitely worthwhile additions. On top of that, a very worthy member of the community has been featured in a LIVE Event.
- NBA 2K19 also received a new patch this week. It contains some promising gameplay tweaks, and some welcome bug fixes. We'll have further impressions in the near future.
- We provide a quick round-up of some recent mod releases, including a 1992 Season Mod for NBA 2K19 PC, a College Hoops 2K mod for NBA 2K11, and the latest versions of U R Basketball for NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14.
- Moving on to some NBA discussion, the 2019 All-Stars have been revealed. We give our thoughts on this year's selections, as well as the special additions of Dwyane Wade and Dirk Nowitzki.
- We wrap up Episode #273 of the NLSC Podcast with our thoughts on Kristaps Porzingas being traded to the Mavericks, which certainly caught a lot of fans off-guard (ourselves included). We also speculate on the likelihood that Anthony Davis will be moved by the deadline.
|February 3rd, 2019
||Andrew & Kenny
- NBA Live 19 received a substantial title and content update this week. Getting a trade deadline roster update in time for the weekend was a pleasant surprise, but the addition of in-game injuries came as even better news. It leads us to reflect on some changes that were patched into NBA Live 10 all those years ago.
- Following up on Patch 1.08 for NBA 2K19, there have indeed been some improvements in terms of cutting down on body steals. Will the changes stick for NBA 2K20, though?
- With NBA 2K trying to strike a balance between its sim roots, competitive online play, and occasional demands for less realism, has the series become a victim of its own success due to the influx of more casual basketball gamers?
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 has received new content, just in time for the All-Star Weekend (and Valentine's Day). We share a few more opinions on the game, and also discuss the removal of the first NBA Playgrounds game from the Steam Store.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming included progress into Season 2 of MyCAREER, an online session for the NLSC crew, LIVE Events swag, and MyTEAM Domination. It also included a bit of modding, with further updates to a work-in-progress roster update for NBA 2K11.
- We wrap up Episode #274 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's NBA discussion. Topics include the flurry of movement at the trade deadline, and a look ahead to the 2019 All-Star Weekend in Charlotte.
|February 10th, 2019
- Patch 1.20 has come through for NBA Live 19. A new All-Star Edition of the game has also been released, though owners of The One Edition can pick up the bonus content if they fire up the game by March 22nd.
- Should NBA Live 19 be the last The One Edition of the game? Well, at the very least, we should hope that it's not the last NBA Edition!
- NBA 2K19 MyTEAM gamers were struck by misfortune when trying to redeem Locker Codes given out during the MyTEAM Unlimited Tournament, as the servers overloaded. 2K's response once again left something to be desired.
- Episode #275 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with some news about 2K TV, specifically the return of LD2K to the company as the show's new host.
|February 17th, 2019