Because it is a 16-bit program, WiNBA-Ed cannot be run in a 64-bit version of Windows.
- Edit existing player data including ratings, bio data, stats, appearance and roster position
- Edit names to create new players
- Trade and Copy players between teams
- Edit All-Star rosters
- Import Player Statistics from a text file
- Import Player Attributes from a text file
- Edit text strings in the NBA Live 95 executable including player names, schools, credits, error messages, team names and more
- Edit the Season Mode schedule
- Create and apply executable patch files
- New players cannot be added to the game; existing ones may only be replaced
- Because existing text strings must be overwritten, any important strings (ie ones that will still be used) must be left untouched
- Players cannot be made taller than 8 feet
- Players cannot be made heavier than 355 pounds
WiNBA-Ed was used extensively along with Jose de Leon's DOS-based NBA Live 95 Game Editor to create roster patches for NBA Live 95. It was an extremely popular tool in the early days of the NLSC when NBA Live 95 was still popular and widely played by fans of the series.