A new patch has been pushed through for NBA Playgrounds. It’s currently available for the PC version of the game, and will come through automatically. If it doesn’t, try restarting your Steam client. The console versions of NBA Playgrounds should be receiving the patch soon, once it’s approved by Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo.
The latest update includes fixes, tweaks, and new content. Playgrounds for Chicago and Madrid have been added, along with their own tournaments. Tournaments have also been added for the Venice Beach and Seattle playgrounds, which are unlocked upon completing the Las Vegas tournament. 35 new past and present NBA players have been added, more players are available on second teams, and two new teams – the Seattle SuperSonics and Playgrounders – also join the roster.
Adjustments and fixes include a reduction of the odds of getting repeated players in packs, actions from teammates now counting towards tournament challenges, improved calculation of shot success on long animations, and more. All in all, it’s another very solid patch, continuing to reflect Saber Interactive’s willingness to listen to constructive criticism.
See below for the full patch notes. Are you enjoying NBA Playgrounds? What do you make of the latest patch? Have your say in the comments section below, and join in the discussion here in the Forum.
Latest NBA Playgrounds Patch Notes
- Added: 35 new players join the roster
- The following players were added: Ben Wallace, Bernard King, Earl Monroe, Elvin Hayes, Isiah Thomas, Joe Dumars, John Havlicek, Julius Erving, Kevin McHale, Manute Bol, Muggsy Bogues, Steve Nash, Yao Ming, Joakim Noah, Joe Johnson, Andre Iguodala, Bismack Biyombo, D’Angelo Russell, Julius Randle, Justise Winslow, Kyle Korver, Manu Ginobili, Nick Young, Robin Lopez, Serge Ibaka, Tyler Johnson, Adrian Dantley, Arvydas Sabonis, Bob Cousy, David Thompson, Larry Nance, Mark Price, Detlef Schrempf, Wes Unseld, Lou Williams
- The following players can now be played on a second team, in which they played during their career: Lebron James (Miami Heat), Dwyane Wade (Miami Heat), James Harden (Oklahoma City), Kevin Durant (Oklahoma City), Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls), Gary Payton (Seattle Sonics), Shawn Kemp (Seattle Sonics), Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics), Alex English (Dallas Mavericks), Walt Frazier (Cleveland Cavaliers), Clyde Drexler (Houston Rockets), Alonzo Mourning (Charlotte Hornets), Jason Kidd (New Jersey Nets)
- Added: The Seattle SuperSonics and Playgrounders were added to the team selection
- Added: 5 Playgrounders, this time famous YouTubers, join the roster as “The Playgrounders” in red card packs
- iMAV3RIQ, iPodKingCarter, QJB, Troydan, and DenkOps
- Added: The playgrounds Madrid and Chicago are now available
- Added: You can now play tournaments in Venice Beach, Seattle, Madrid and Chicago
- Added: New Dunk, Crossover and Finger Roll animations were added
- Added: New Ball styles can be unlocked in the tournaments
- Adjusted: Now when the time of the match reaches zero and the ball is still in the air the match won’t end until the shot is resolved (either by scoring or failing).
- Adjusted: the penalization received from disconnecting from matches has been increased. Now the user loses more ELO points and the progression grows faster.
- Changed: Actions from teammates count now towards finishing the tournament challenges
- Improved: The patch system for Steam to support smaller patches
- Improved: The execution time for throws was reduced
- Reduced: The probability of receiving duplicates in card packages
- Fixed: The visual effect when leveling up was corrected
- Fixed: Some miscalculations in shot attempts with long animations regarding their success chance were corrected
- Fixed: Some issues in the matchmaking were fixed which caused that players were unable to join the matchmaking when a former online session was not closed properly
- Fixed: An issue that prevents the user from canceling a match made via Challenge Code by using the ESC key
- Fixed: An issue that froze the input, when the application focus was changed with Alt+Tab while the exit message from the game was shown
- Fixed: An issue that prevented the user from using a controller to modify the challenge code
- Fixed: Some issues related to the random selection of players and the rule that prevents the picking of the same players twice for the same team.
- Fixed: Some Legendary and Epic players didn’t have the correct background.
- Fixed: The loading screens with the control scheme and the explanation of the shot meter were not rotating as intended
- Fixed: Some commentator lines were triggered at the wrong moment
- Fixed: Some issues related to the audience and its appearance were addressed