Episode #129 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We have another special episode this week, as I chatted with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer Sean O’Brien about this year’s game. Some of the topics we covered include:
- The development team’s confidence in NBA Live 16, with the early gameplay footage and blogs at E3 2015.
- Sean talks about the key gameplay improvements, in terms of controls, animations, responsiveness, and artificial intelligence.
- LIVE Pro-Am, featuring the Summer Circuit and LIVE Run, has been the main focus as far as modes in NBA Live 16 are concerned. Sean discusses a couple of the improvements that have gone into the game since the community event back in July.
- Sean comments on the status of Dynasty Mode and Rising Star in NBA Live 16, and talks a little about plans to improve them in NBA Live 17 and beyond.
- Likewise, Sean gives a candid answer about the status of roster editing in future games, and the situation with player customisation in NBA Live 16.
- Since he goes a long way back with EA Sports and the NBA Live series, Sean offers up some recollections as part of our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live celebrations.
- Turning our attention back to this year’s game to close out the show, Sean provides us with a few more tidbits about NBA Live 16, including the status of the GameFace HD app.
Click Play to listen to the show!
A big thanks to Sean once again for coming on the show! Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.