It’s time for this week’s episode of the NLSC Podcast! In Episode #147, Arcane and I discuss another NBA Live 17 tidbit, reflect on our past week in basketball gaming, react to the 2016 NBA trade deadline, and more.
On this week’s show…
- Basketball skill development coach and former Harlem Globetrotter Derick Grant revealed that he has been participating in some motion capture sessions for NBA Live 17.
- Unfortunately we can’t play it ourselves, but NBA Live Mobile has been receiving some positive reactions from gamers.
- We discuss an unfortunate bug in the NBA Live 16 rosters that is affecting this year’s rookie crop.
- The NBA Live 14 and NBA Live 15 servers are still up and running. As you’d expect though, there’s not a lot of activity.
- Mike Wang’s comments on Stephen Curry causing problems in the development of NBA 2K leads to some thoughts on realism in basketball video games.
- More MyCAREER and Ultimate Team tales as we discuss our week in basketball gaming.
- We talk about the reasons people go back and patch older games like NBA Live 08, and our enthusiasm for getting involved every once in a while.
- The trade deadline did not exactly live up to our expectations…or for that matter, our predictions. We recap all the recent player movement.
- Shockingly, the Portland Trail Blazers handed the Golden State Warriors a 32 point loss. They’re still on track to challenge 72-10, though.
- It’s not looking promising for Chris Bosh, as he’s on the verge of being shut down for the second straight season due to health problems.
- Sean Marks has become the first Kiwi to get an NBA GM gig. As Aussies, we ponder how we can piggyback on the achievement.
- We wrap up Episode #147 of the NLSC Podcast with this week’s Bold Predictions.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.