Three Aussies get together once again to discuss basketball and basketball video games; it’s Episode #157 of the NLSC Podcast! This week, Arcane, Kenny and I chat about the latest NBA 2K16 patch, a couple of recent articles that caught our attention, the latest action from the 2016 NBA Playoffs, and more.
On this week’s show…
- Patch #6 has been released for NBA 2K16, addressing some gameplay exploits. Predictably, not everyone is happy, but we have no complaints about eliminating cheese.
- Speaking of official patches, we discuss the unfortunate issue of title updates occasionally doing more harm than good in NBA Live and NBA 2K.
- Are advertising and freemium-like content becoming a problem in basketball video games?
- We touch on a recent article which offered some unorthodox suggestions for NBA Live 17.
- Steam is making some changes to their review system, which we’re generally in favour of.
- In our Week in Basketball Gaming, we reflect on some recent games of 2K Pro-Am, and make a few comparisons to Live Pro-Am.
- The 2016 NBA Playoffs roll on, and we’re starting to get into them a little more. We recap the latest results, and note some recent updates on the health of Stephen Curry and Chris Bosh.
- It’s still a ways off, but we look ahead to a couple of potential offseason moves, as well as the first Basketball Without Borders camp that will be held in Australia.
- The NBA appears to have clarified the restrictions that will be placed on jersey advertisments. Unfortunately, there will still be ads on jerseys in the future.
- We react to the newly revealed Detroit Pistons logo, which continues the trend of paying homage to the past.
- Episode #157 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with some LeBron James trivia, and this week’s Bold Predictions.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.