Episode #161 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane, Kenny, and myself as we discuss the reveal of the NBA 2K17 cover, a promising tidbit regarding NBA Live 17, the upcoming 2016 NBA Finals, and our week in basketball gaming.
On this week’s show…
- Paul George has been officially revealed as the cover player for NBA 2K17. A good choice, but was he our pick? We also discuss the pre-order bonuses.
- It seems that former NBA player Jamario Moon is providing motion capture for NBA Live 17, suggesting that a fully featured console release is definitely still in development.
- Speaking of NBA Live 17, a recent report by GameInformer has revealed that all EA Sports titles will apparently be making the transition from the Ignite engine to the Frostbite engine. We discuss what this might mean for the NBA Live series moving forward.
- We remind PlayStation Plus subscribers to pick up the PlayStation 4 version of NBA 2K16 via June’s Instant Game Collection, if they don’t already own it, or would like to double-dip.
- In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: 2K Pro-Am frustration, Stephen Curry in NBA Live 95, and more MyLEAGUE plans.
- Moving on to the real NBA, we recap the end of the Golden State Warriors/Oklahoma City Thunder clash, and look ahead to the NBA Finals.
- Do we think that Kevin Durant will be moving on from the Thunder, following their collapse and disappointing elimination in the Western Conference Finals?
- We briefly touch on the fatal shooting of Bryce Dejean-Jones.
- Episode #161 of the NLSC Podcast ends with this week’s Bold Predictions.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.