Episode #162 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! It’s been a quiet week for basketball video game news, but Arcane, Kenny, and I do have a couple of tidbits to talk about, as well as our latest experiences in 2K Pro-Am, and the 2016 NBA Finals. Also, a new segment makes its debut!
On this week’s show…
- We tip off the show with another discussion on the lack of updates for NBA Live 16 through the end of the regular season and Playoffs, and what we’d like to see EA do during the offseason in the lead up to NBA Live 17.
- 2K Sports are unveiling Team 2K, their talent lineup for NBA 2K17 which includes cover player Paul George. We speculate on the silhouettes in the teaser image.
- In Our Week in Basketball Gaming, we reflect on last week’s 2K Pro-Am session, where we discovered that contrary to what Homer Simpson once said, there are actually sweeter and more satisfying things than winning by default.
- Turning our attention to the 2016 NBA Finals, we reflect on the first two games, and make our predictions for the rest of the series. Sorry, Cleveland Cavaliers fans.
- As it stands right now, who is the Finals MVP? What does it mean for Stephen Curry’s legacy – and the Michael Jordan comparisons – if he doesn’t have a big series?
- With the season winding down, we tally our final scores for Bold Predictions. We’re hoping to do better next year.
- Episode #162 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with a brand new segment: Trivia Time! Andrew is the quizmaster, as Arcane and Kenny square off in answering three trivia questions. This week, the questions cover NBA Live and NBA Jam.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.