Episode #167 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We’re coming up to the really slow part of the offseason, but we do have some news to discuss this week in the form of a new NBA Live 16 roster update, as well as some more 2K Pro-Am games to recap. Also, a significant rule change, and the retirement of a future Hall of Famer.
On this week’s show…
- A new NBA Live 16 roster has been pushed through, featuring pre-Draft transactions such as Derrick Rose to New York. Unfortunately, it seems that no further offseason updates are planned at this time.
- Development of NBA Live 17 is still underway, as EA reps have been posting photos of rookie face scans that are being conducted during Summer League play.
- Our latest 2K Pro-Am sessions have yielded more fun and frustration, including an impressive win with a very undersized centre, and a somewhat angry dunk. A couple more community members have also recently joined in the fun.
- The NBA has announced further changes to the Hack-a-Shaq rules. A lot of fans are criticising the decision, but we’ve got a very different take on the matter.
- Tim Duncan announced his retirement with little fanfare, walking away from the NBA in the most Tim Duncan way possible. We reflect on the career of the player most now consider to be the greatest power forward of all-time.
- Episode #167 of the NLSC Podcast ends with our new favourite game, Trivia Time! Play along at home and answer this week’s questions about NBA Live, NBA 2K, and NBA Jam.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.