Episode #176 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Arcane and I are your hosts this week, and with the imminent release of NBA 2K17, we have some final previews and developer blogs to talk about. We also discuss an issue from the past week that has us a bit riled up, with a couple of profanities slipping through as a result. Just a heads up for anyone who strongly objects to a bit of bad language!
On this week’s show…
- NBA 2K17 is almost here! A new Momentous Trailer marks the occasion; did it hype us up?
- We give our thoughts on The Prelude, from the glimpse at the story to our hands-on impressions of how the game feels on the sticks.
- Face scanning has had mixed results so far, but at least one of us is happy not to be dealing with the PlayStation Camera anymore. There’s also been some good news, as the MyNBA2K17 app will support face scanning for the PC version.
- NBA 2K17 will feature an expanded roster of broadcasters, and dynamic commentary. We certainly like the sound of that.
- Although it’s put an end to an idea we had for a game of MyLEAGUE Online, the developer blog for MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and the aforementioned MLO has delivered some otherwise fantastic news.
- MyTEAM has received some solid improvements in NBA 2K17, but we’re still a bit sceptical about how good the pack odds will be. How honest is that trailer?
- NBA 2K17 has taken a shot at NBA Live (or more specifically, NBA Elite 11) which frankly, we find to be a little petty. We discuss the potshot, and things get a little profane in the process.
- We wrap up Episode #176 of the NLSC Podcast with Our Week in Basketball Gaming. This week, it’s the swansong for the NLSC 2K Pro-Am team in NBA 2K16, some unfinished business in NBA 2K11, and more tales from MyCAREER.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.