Episode #178 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We’ve got plenty more NBA 2K17 impressions to share with our listeners this week, as well our thoughts on a couple of recent NBA stories (hey, remember real basketball?).
On this week’s show…
- We tip things off with another quick update on some recent advancements in NBA 2K17 modding. Our community has continued to make some exciting discoveries over the past week.
- Our plans to pick up where we left off with the NLSC 2K Pro-Am team have hit a snag, as the mode has not been kind to us. In fact, following patch 1.03, it’s close to unplayable. We share a few of our complaints.
- Once again, we touch on the fact that Virtual Currency rewards have been severely nerfed in this year’s game, and wonder if the new patch has reduced them even further.
- While we have our complaints this week, it’s not all bad news. We still have a very high opinion of offline/single player gameplay in NBA 2K17, and have some positive experiences to share.
- Wrapping up Our Week in Basketball Gaming, a few thoughts on finishing the Jordan Challenge in NBA 2K11, ahead of next week’s Wayback Wednesday feature.
- After 21 NBA seasons, Kevin Garnett is hanging up his sneakers. We reflect on the career of The Big Ticket, the last remaining NBA player from the 16-bit era.
- From the sounds of things, Chris Bosh’s career might also be over. However, given the health scares he’s endured the past couple of seasons, it may be for the best.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.