We celebrate the NLSC Podcast’s ability to enjoy some “adult beverages” as we reach Episode #21, where we once again talk about the latest week in the NBA, basketball video gaming and more. As usual, Leftos, Ben and I are your hosts and we invite you to join us as we share our thoughts on the following topics:
- We called the big two-oh a landmark last week, but due to cultural significance we’re trotting out the phrase again for the 21st episode.
- Ben throws down a dunking challenge to JaoSming, so I pull a LeBron James.
- For a change of pace, we dive straight into the NBA discussion this week, beginning with DeAndre Jordan’s dunk and the reactions it’s received.
- We recognise the Heat’s winning streak, with Ben being the most excited about it.
- The Mavericks are signing the first player in league history with multiple sclerosis. We wish Chris Wright well and applaud what we hope will be a feel-good story, while reflecting on some similar sporting stories (one of them admittedly fictional).
- Moving on to community news, we once again touch upon the subject of sharing resources when it comes to patching/modding.
- The Ultimate Base Roster has hit a significant milestone, so we take some time to recognise the outstanding efforts of everyone involved.
- Ben has a few gripes about NBA 2K13 and isn’t a fan of Dunk Contest Hero.
- We finish up with some talk about SimCity 5 and the messy situation upon launch. I sneak in a reference to LucasArts’ Afterlife, a SimCity clone from 1996 and an old favourite.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we hope you enjoy this week’s episode and invite you to share your feedback on the show, as well as everything we discussed, either in the comments below or in this thread in the NLSC Forum.