Episode #221 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We’re in the final countdown to the release of this year’s games from EA Sports and 2K Sports, and Arcane and I have plenty to talk about with a big update to the NBA Live 18 Demo, as well as the release of The Prelude to NBA 2K18.
On this week’s show…
- The NBA Live 18 Demo has received another update. On top of making some further gameplay tweaks, it also added updated rosters, and two additional teams to Play Now: the Boston Celtics and Houston Rockets.
- EA Access subscribers on Xbox One are currently enjoying a ten hour trial of the full version of NBA Live 18. Their streams and impressions suggest further improvement over the demo, which is great news.
- A Game Informer article provided us with a few details on this year’s MyCAREER story ahead of the release of The Prelude, and some further information about The Neighborhood.
- In the wake of a somewhat flat trailer, The Prelude has been released, along with the MyNBA2K18 companion app. We tip off our impressions with a few thoughts on face scanning.
- We’re not impressed by the lack of customisation options, nor the decision to put more content behind a VC paywall. It’s a continuation of a disheartening trend that began in NBA 2K17.
- The story in this year’s MyCAREER mode leaves something to be desired. Although we like the general idea of being able to pick our team, the plot, acting, and characters are rather corny, with one character in particular being a bit uncomfortable.
- Although the brevity of The Prelude was disappointing, the gameplay was a highlight, and demonstrates some pleasing improvements that have us looking forward to the full version of NBA 2K18.
- We wrap up Episode #221 of the NLSC Podcast with Our Week in Basketball Gaming, which featured NLSC THRILLHO’s final 2K Pro-Am game for NBA 2K17, and the acquisition of a long-coveted MyPARK trophy.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off in the comments below, or here in the Forum. Also, if there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss on the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.