Episode #227 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! We’ve been off the air for a couple of weeks due to scheduling conflicts and other issues, but Arcane and I are back to talk about the latest news, as well as our recent basketball gaming experiences.
On this week’s show…
- We tip things off with the revelation that Arcane took part in a community playtesting event at EA Tiburon back in May. Arcane reflects on his experiences, which included a celebrity encounter.
- A couple of patches (1.05 and 1.06) have come through for NBA Live 18, as well as some roster updates. We’re liking some of the improvements, though we’ve also identified issues that need to be resolved in NBA Live 19 and beyond.
- A new patch (1.05) has also been released for NBA 2K18, at least for PlayStation 4. It too has included some welcome improvements, but has unfortunately caused a couple of new problems.
- Two NLSC T-Shirts are now available to purchase from the kiosk in NBA 2K18’s Neighborhood. Rep us in The Playground, preferably by winning more games than we’ve managed to so far!
- In response to a mailbag question, we discuss the future of microtransactions in NBA Live 18 and NBA 2K18, particularly the latter. How bad could it get, and do we foresee any changes next year?
- We also give our thoughts on a question regarding issues with unfinished and unpolished releases.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming, or rather our past couple of weeks in basketball gaming, have included several games of 2K Pro-Am, further progress in MyCAREER, and the new DLC for NBA Playgrounds.
- We wrap up Episode #227 of the NLSC Podcast with our thoughts on 2018 NBA season so far.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.