Episode #230 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Without any technical issues to keep us off the air, we’re back to talk about the latest updates for NBA Live 18 and NBA 2K18, share our latest impressions of both games, and catch up on the past couple of weeks in basketball gaming news.
On this week’s show…
- Patch 1.08 has added comprehensive roster editing to NBA Live 18. We’re certainly surprised, and impressed at how the game has continued to improve since launch.
- NBA 2K18’s Patch 1.06 has addressed some bugs, but also caused a few more problems. To be honest, we’re still feeling disappointed with this year’s release from Visual Concepts.
- The qualifying round for the NBA 2K League will be taking place in January. We share our thoughts on what the League might be like, given our experiences with 2K Pro-Am.
- Several t-shirts have been removed from the kiosk in The Neighborhood, mostly due to trademark and copyright concerns. This has led to some issues with lost VC.
- A teenager has spent over $17,000 AUS on microtransactions across various games, leading us to once again reflect on their intrusive nature in AAA titles.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming has seen our frustration with 2K Pro-Am reach its boiling point, an enjoyable victory in The Playground, and possible plans to change up our habits on the virtual hardwood.
- We wrap up Episode #230 of the NLSC Podcast with some NBA discussion, including recent streaks, and the Jahlil Okafor trade.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.