Episode #233 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! It’s kind of an experimental episode this week as I’m actually hosting solo, as Arcane and Kenny unfortunately weren’t available to record. So, join me as I share my thoughts on some recent basketball gaming topics, including the latest NBA Live 18 patch, an interesting Reddit post regarding NBA 2K18, and more.
On this week’s show…
- We’ve tipped off our Wishlist topics for NBA Live 19 and NBA 2K19. Get your constructive feedback in ASAP, so that we can send it along to the development teams at EA Sports and Visual Concepts!
- Patch 1.10 has been released for NBA Live 18. It’s mostly a bug and stability fix, though that’s still most welcome a few months into a game’s life cycle.
- A Reddit post from a former EVE Online developer has highlighted some of the problems in NBA 2K18’s approach to player retention. Will 2K take note of these concerning issues?
- Following up on last week’s discussion of a new NBA Jam game, it doesn’t sound like a new title is all that close after all. However, there’s hopefully still cause for optimism.
- My Week in Basketball Gaming included dusting off NBA Playgrounds, and a great pull from a Legends pack in NBA Live 18 Ultimate Team. Also, some modding talk.
- Episode #233 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with some thoughts on the 2018 All-Star starters. Fingers crossed this year’s game turns out better than it has over the past few seasons.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.