Episode #236 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane and I as we discuss this week’s updates for NBA Live 18 and NBA 2K18, wonder about the future direction of the NBA 2K series, react to the trade deadline deals, and preview the 2018 All-Star Weekend.
On this week’s show…
- Fortunately, EA Sports corrected the issue with last week’s roster update for NBA Live 18 fairly quickly, pushing through a new roster without duplicate players. NBA 2K18’s rosters, meanwhile, have already been updated as of the trade deadline.
- Patch 1.10 has been released for NBA 2K18, but it’s another fix centred around the NBA 2K League Combine, with no updates that affect a majority of users.
- We discuss the future direction of the NBA 2K series, from the modes of focus to the intrusiveness of microtransactions. Will the success of NBA 2K18 lead the series down a bad path?
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming included a return to MyCAREER, missed opportunities in Ultimate Team, and another session of 2K Pro-Am.
- We wrap up Episode #236 of the NLSC Podcast with a look at the real NBA, including a devastating injury for Kristaps Porzingas, the trade deadline, and predictions for the 2018 All-Star Weekend.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.