Episode #237 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join guest host The X and myself as we discuss the All-Star updates for NBA Live 18, the latest controversies involving NBA 2K18, and the first two days of the 2018 NBA All-Star Weekend.
On this week’s show…
- Since it’s The X’s first time on the NLSC Podcast, we talk a little about his history with basketball video games, as well as his tenure in the community.
- NBA Live 18 has received some new updates, specifically accurate All-Star jerseys and trade deadline rosters. We’re glad to see the updates coming through a little more quickly.
- New All-Star Fantasy Challenges have also been added to NBA Live 18 Ultimate Team. We’re liking the latest content, though there’s more we’d like to see added to the mode.
- An Australian-exclusive Virtual Currency sale has accidentally been advertised worldwide, leading to some unhappy US gamers who weren’t aware of the restrictions on the promotion. 2K’s response to the issue left something to be desired.
- In honour of the All-Star Weekend, NBA 2K18 offered Double Rep in MyCAREER and the connected modes, but the length of the event, not to mention the timing, could’ve been better.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming consisted of a couple of 2K Pro-Am sessions in NBA 2K18 that yielded mixed results, and Fantasy Challenges in NBA Live 18 Ultimate Team.
- We wrap up Episode #237 of the NLSC Podcast with a recap of the first two days of the 2018 NBA All-Star Weekend. We have our gripes, but at the end of the day, we can certainly agree that it is what it is!
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.