Episode #255 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane, special guest Clueminati, and I as we discuss the cover reveal and pre-orders for NBA Live 19, the new EA Madrid studio, Strauss Zelnick’s comments on microtransactions, and another week in basketball gaming.
On this week’s show…
- The cover player for NBA Live 19 has been announced, and as strongly hinted by the reveal trailer, it’s Joel Embiid. All in all, it seems like appropriate branding.
- NBA Live 19 is also now available to pre-order. There are a handful of pre-order bonuses, along with a 33% discount if you own NBA Live 18.
- EA has opened a new studio in Madrid. It will collaborate with EA Tiburon on the development of NBA Live, similar to how FIFA’s development is undertaken by three of EA’s studios.
- Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick commented on the backlash to microtransactions in NBA 2K18. Unfortunately, his words don’t inspire much confidence.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming included taking on some challenges in NBA Live 18 Ultimate Team, LIVE Events, and more.
- We wrap up Episode #255 of the NLSC Podcast with a discussion of free agency and the NBA award winners. We also share some stories from past community events.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.