Episode #269 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Arcane, Kenny, and I are back on the air following our holiday hiatus, and we’ve got some news to catch up on. We’ve also been hitting the virtual hardwood during our time off, and have some stories to share about what we’ve been playing.
On this week’s show…
- Patches 1.16 and 1.17 came through for NBA Live 19 after we went on break. We give our thoughts on the latest content, gameplay tuning, and other adjustments and fixes.
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2 also received a title update in time for Christmas. Patch 1.04 added new players and other content, but is it enough to get us hooked on the game?
- Visual Concepts are advertising a temporary position for a production assistant. The role will be focused on MyCAREER, which leads us to speculate on the mode in NBA 2K20.
- Controversy erupted on Christmas Day when a Locker Code for a Pink Diamond LeBron James card in MyTEAM was leaked, and the card later removed. We discuss 2K’s handling of the situation, and the subsequent show of goodwill.
- Vlad delivered the NBA 2K modding community a Christmas present in the form of new versions of RED MC and REDitor II. The comprehensive tools are now completely free!
- Arcane floats an idea for a community project that should appeal to anyone with aspirations of developing their own basketball video game.
- Our Week in Basketball Gaming – or rather, Our Holidays in Basketball Gaming – included milestones in MyCAREER, good pulls in MyTEAM, and a suspected troll in the Jordan Rec Center. Also, the NLSC squad finally got to play team Pro-Am, but ran into disappointment that went beyond the scoreline.
Click Play to listen to the show!
Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Got a mailbag question or topic suggestion for the next show? Sound off in the comments section below, or join in the discussion here in the Forum! For more information on the NLSC Podcast including episode guides, check out this page in our Wiki.