The usual trio becomes a quartet this week as JaoSming joins Leftos, Arcane and myself to talk basketball and basketball video games on Episode #27 of the NLSC Podcast. As always, we cover a multitude of matters related to basketball and gaming in this week’s episode, so tune in and enjoy our discussion of the following topics:
- It’s been over a week since we recorded a podcast and even longer since we had JaoSming on the show, so we warm up with a little joking, banter and talk of astronomical discoveries in Vermont.
- We talk about some recent modding controversies and potential changes to modding culture, as it pertains to permission and credits.
- Corey Andress of Under the Code has posted a couple of great articles on how NBA Live can make a comeback, prompting discussion on the points he raised and how they not only apply to NBA Live, but also NBA 2K.
- I follow up on Qballer’s response to last week’s Friday Five, the 5 Best Songs in Basketball Video Games.
- Moving on to the NBA Playoffs, we congratulate the Spurs and ponder what’s next for the Lakers.
- We run down the rest of the results so far and make a few predictions for the remainder of the first round.
- I give Leftos an opportunity to talk about the Pistons, who aren’t in the Playoffs.
- We give our thoughts on Jason Collins and some of the reactions to the news.
Click Play to listen to the show!
We hope you enjoy this week’s episode and invite you to post your feedback, including any of your thoughts on the topics that we discussed. We also invite you to give us your suggestions for topics you’d like to hear us talk about in future podcasts, so have your say in the comments below as well as in this thread in the NLSC Forum.