Episode #72 of the NLSC Podcast provides a perfect opportunity for one of us to fondly recollect the Chicago Bulls’ 1996 season. No prizes for guessing who! Join Arcane, JaoSming and myself as we cover the latest basketball gaming news, talk about how we stay interested in basketball gaming at this time of year, and mention a couple of recent events in the NBA.
- We’ve quietly launched a new design in the past week. A couple more additions and changes are coming, which are quickly rundown in some housekeeping notes.
- EA Sports gave away a free legend in NBA Live 14 Ultimate Team. Which player did we get?
- Once again, we reflect on NBA Live’s comeback and look to the future.
- Virtual Currency continues to be an issue in NBA 2K14 next gen, as rewards seemingly have been nerfed in MyGM. We wring our hands a little in frustration.
- On a happier note, JaoSming received some excellent technical support for the MyNBA2K14 app.
- We discuss some ideas for keeping basketball gaming fresh and interesting after a few months.
- Thanks to everyone who entered our NBA 2K14 PC giveaway last week! A winner has been chosen, but more giveaways are coming shortly.
- If you dislike sleeved jerseys as much as we do, there may be light at the end of the tunnel, thanks to LeBron James.
- It’s a quick NBA discussion this week as a couple of us are pressed for time. We mention the recent performance of a couple of players and some amusing stories from the past week.
- We wrap up the show with a brief mention of some other games we’re playing, along with some recent gaming news.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, we welcome your thoughts on this week’s show, as well as any of the topics that we discussed. You can hit us up in the comments below, as well as here in the Forum. We also invite you to send in your mailbag submissions and topic suggestions here.