We may be at least a few weeks away from the NBA video game preview season, but we do actually have some news on this year’s games to discuss in Episode #77 of the NLSC Podcast. Join Arcane, JaoSming, and myself as we talk NBA Live 15 and NBA 2K15, NBA Live 14 and NBA 2K14, modding developments, and of course, the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
- NBA Live 15 has been confirmed, but unfortunately, it’s console only. We briefly mourn that fact, but pledge to campaign on behalf of the PC platform if the opportunity arises.
- Similarly, NBA 2K15 is already available to pre-order, on the same platforms as last year. The price of the PC version leads us to speculate on a next gen port.
- Kevin Durant has been confirmed as the cover player for NBA 2K15, the same day he was named the NBA’s Most Valuable Player. With NBA Live 15’s cover player still yet to be announced, we throw out a couple of suggestions.
- Speaking of this year’s games, we also talk about some of the predictions that JaoSming made in his most recent Dumb Mondays feature.
- A second Steam key for NBA 2K14 PC is up for grabs. Get your entries in before next week’s show!
- In a quick modding round-up, JaoSming has some news on RED MC, and bigh0rt gets some more love for the NBA JAM 2K14 mod.
- Moving on to this week’s NBA discussion, we give our thoughts on the latest award winners to be announced.
- We’re coming off one of the most exciting first rounds in NBA Playoffs history. Will the second round be just as entertaining?
- A couple of other recent stories are discussed, including a possible return to Toronto for Vince Carter, and the firing of Mark Jackson.
- We wrap up the show with a couple of quick mailbag questions.
Click Play to listen to the show!
As always, feel free to give us your opinion on this week’s show, as well as any of the topics that we discussed, either in the comments below or here in the Forum. If you’ve got a mailbag submission, be sure to hit us up here.