With the release of NBA 2K17 only a few days away, 2K Sports has released another trailer for the game, this time spotlighting MyTEAM. The trailer features members of the NBA 2K community opening MyTEAM packs, with the promise that they could keep any of the cards they pull once the full game drops.
As you would expect, the trailer provides us with a glimpse of the redesigned cards in NBA 2K17, as well as the new pack opening animations. Several of the gamers pull high cards including LeBron James, Stephen Curry, Carmelo Anthony, Anthony Davis, and Blake Griffin.
Watch the trailer below, or catch it here on YouTube if you can’t see the embedded video.
Further information on MyTEAM in NBA 2K17 has been revealed in the latest developer blog by Associate Producer Peter Cornforth. Highlights of the blog are as follows:
- “Moments” cards will come through much quicker, and we’ll be able to re-live moments in MyTEAM.
- Legends cards are now based on specific moments or eras, rather than a particular season.
- There are new gem levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Amethyst, Diamond, and Pink Diamond), and overall ratings have been tweaked.
- Dynamic Duos provide a performance boost, and are not just based on current teammates.
- Free Agent trial cards provide an opportunity to play with the best players for a few games. We’ll get to pick one upon starting MyTEAM, out of a choice of five players: Russell Westbrook, Kristaps Porzingis, Steph Curry, Kawhi Leonard, and LeBron James.
- Quick Challenges have been added, for anyone who doesn’t have time for a full game.
- Completing collections results in player cards, not team balls or anything else superficial.
- Gauntlet is now MyTEAM Blacktop. No more Bronze or Silver players on the wheel this year, and the pick board has been re-worked.
- Road to the Playoffs has been re-named MyTEAM Online. It includes nine leagues corresponding to the gem levels.
- Stat tracking has been added.
- New rewards with The Diamond Board.
- MT rewards for defensive plays, as well as offensive plays.
- There’s a new lineup management screen, making it easier to adjust your lineup.
- Certain players will have Hall of Fame badges.
Got any thoughts, MyTEAM gamers? Have your say in the comments below, and join in the discussion here in the NBA 2K17 section of the NLSC Forum.